Last week we had published an article about a One-Click tool to root the Sony Tablet S. XDA developer condi has further modified this tool and released an updated version. This new version incorporates additional tweaks to simplify and fully automate the rooting process, making life easier for Sony Tablet S owners who are looking to root their device.
By rooting your android device, you lose the warranty. But you can get it back by flashing an official firmware back, or simply using an unroot tool (if available, of course) to remove the root access from device.
Also, it’s not recommended to install OTA (over-the-air) updates when you android device is rooted. So, if and when you get an update notification on your Tablet S, resist the urge to install it. In case you want to install the update, unroot it or install a stock firmware back, and then go for OTA. So, take care of that, even when that OTA update is that of Ice Cream Sandwich.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to you or your device, we won’t be held liable — you only will be responsible, you’ve been forewarned!!!
This root tool and the guide below is compatible only and only with Sony Tablet S. Do not try it with any other device, as it will not work, and worse, may cause damage to an incompatible device. You have been forewarned!!
- to eliminate problems like ‘com.pwn.me’ error etc.
- timing is correct,
- it goes fully automatic,
- disabling mpt device automatically, and reenabling,
- modded to work on 64 and 32bit systems,
(tested on winxp 32bit, win7 64bit).
Remember to have correct MTP driver installed!
- Backup Apps and other Important Data. Although it shouldn’t erase your apps and data, it’s still recommended that you back them up before proceeding further. To backup your apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. this Android backup guide would help you.
- You would need ADB and the correct MTP drivers setup for this tool to work. You can use this guide to get ADB as well as drivers.
- Make sure your Tablet has at least a 50% battery charge
How to Root Sony Tablet S Using Root-Tool by condi
- Download the tool to your desktop from the original development thread
- Extract the zip file. The folder should have 13 files in all. Check screenshot below
- Connect your Tablet S to your PC via USB cable
- Now open the Root-Tool folder you extracted in Step 2, and find the “run.bat” file.
- Launch it by double clicking the run.bat file. It should bring up a DOS window. Check screenshot below
- Hit Enter to start the rooting process. It will take 3-4 mins to complete
- Once the rootng has completed, exit the DOS window, and disconnect your device.
- That’s it!! Your Sony Tablet S is now rooted. Enjoy the freedom of a rooted device.
Share your thoughts and problems in comments below. And don’t forget to say thanks to developer on the official development page linked above.