MIUI 4, based on Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.3 is steadily making its way onto more and more devices, one of the latest being the HTC Droid Incredible. For the uninitiated, MIUI is a custom ROM for Android that brings features such as themes support with hundreds of themes available, smooth performance, customization options not found in other custom ROMs, and a great user interface that is beautiful to say the least.
Well, on to the topic at hand. MIUI 4 for Droid Incredible is being developed by XDA member gatormark08, and brings you Android 4 and MIUI together for a beautiful and intuitive experience. Do note that the ROM is currently in the beta stage, so bugs are to be expected.
Read on to find out how to flash MIUI 4 on your HTC Droid Incredible.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to you or your device, we won’t be held liable — you only will be responsible, you’ve been warned!
This ROM and the guide below is compatible only and only with HTC Droid Incredible. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
Developer → gatormark08
- Music from EMMC (external SD) broken
- Calendar might not work properly
- Downloading on 3g/1x data sometimes has a popup “file too large must connect to wifi” (or something along those lines)
- Important! Rooted Droid Incredible with Custom Recovery installed. You can use this guide
- Sufficiently charged battery, at least 50% is recommended.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
How to Install MIUI 4 on Droid Incredible
- Download the latest version of the MIUI 4 ROM from the original development page.
- Transfer the downloaded zip file from step 1 to the root of the internal SD card on your phone.
- Switch off your phone.
- Boot into Clockworkmod recovery. To do so, hold Volume Down & the Power button until the device boots to the bootloader. Once in the bootloader, use Volume Down to select “recovery” and press thePower button to select.
- Now, perform a full wipe:
- Select “wipe data/factory reset”, then select “Yes” on next screen to confirm data wipe (will NOT wipe your SD card). Wait for wipe to complete.
- Select “advanced”, then select “format system”, then select “Yes” to confirm.
- Select “format boot”, then select “Yes” to confirm. Then, select “go back” to go back to the main recovery menu.
- Select “install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard”. Scroll to the file you transferred in step 2 and select it. Select “Yes” on the next screen to confirm installation.
- After the installation is complete, select “go back” to go back to the main recovery menu.
- Now, select “advanced”, then select “Fix Permissions”. Then go back and select “reboot system now” to reboot the phone.
- Wait for the ROM to boot as the first boot can take a few minutes.
That’s it. You’re now running MIUI 4 based on Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.3 on your HTC Droid Incredible. You can follow the development page for the latest updates. Let us know your views on the ROM in the comments below.