Think the official Youtube app could download videos? No. Well nor do I, but developer rolle3k’s modified Youtube app does that. Yes rolle3k modified the official Youtube android app to download videos at a mere effort of a finger tap.
The app is totally similar to the official Youtube app, it even installs with the same name “Youtube” and the best thing is that it won’t need you to have root access or any other geeky swagger to install it. You’ll be able to install it as any other “.apk” file — just download the file given below, transfer it to your SD Card and install as a normal app using a file manager.Download Modified Youtube apk
Now to download videos with this modified Youtube app you just have to do the following:
- Open the app and play the video you want to download. Remember to hold the phone in portrait mode so that you can see the on screen options
- While the video is playing, tap the “More” icon at the upper-right of the screen
- Now in the slide out tray of icons you’ll see an icon with a down arrow saying “Downl…” (Download) in the right
- Just tap on that download icon and your download will start — check the notification bar for download progress
- The video will be downloaded into the “download” folder on your SD Card, which you can access using any file manager or by “Downloads” app that came pre-installed on your Android 2.3 running phone.
If you really like rolle3k’s effort in making this pretty hack. Then do consider donating him using the button below:Donate rolle3k