Even though the famous three phones under Android One program had Google’s backing as regards Lollipop update, the unheralded Xolo One has overwhelmed them three to become first Android device in low-range segment to get Android 5.0 update. We were told to expect the Xolo One Lollipop update today, and the company has stayed true to its words, the Android 5.0 build is already available on Xolo’s website for download.
While Xolo will be pushing the update over-the-air (OTA), the impatient souls among you can grab the update right now, from the link below. And then install it all by yourself.
Here’s the link for you to download the Xolo One Android 5.0 update, followed by update instructions, which are pretty easy.
How to install Xolo One Lollipop update manually
- Make sure your phone has at least 30% battery. Then, connect your Xolo One to computer using the USB cable. When you see green colored Android on phone, tap on ‘Turn On USB storage’, to mount the Xolo One on your computer. Result? You will see Xolo One in your My Computer along with your daily gang of hard disks.
- Enter the Xolo One’s storage on your computer.
- Make sure you have downloaded the Lollipop update, whose filename is, update.zip. NOTE: Do not rename this file. And do not unzip it. Keep it untouched.
- Now, copy the update.zip file, to Xolo One’s storage.
- When the transfer is complete, tap on ‘Turn Off storage’ on Xolo One and then disconnect its cable.
- Open XOLO Care app on your Xolo one, and tap on update tab.
- Now, click on ‘Check for software update’ and then tap on ‘Check for updates’.
- The app will look for the update.zip file you transferred above in step 4, and will present this as update option. Size of the update.zip must be around 557.72 MB. Click continue.
- The phone will apply the update automatically and will reboot once done. Sit and watch while it does.
That’s it. You are rocking Android 5.0 Lollipop now, and have beaten your friends sporting the Android One handset.