The HTC Desire 816 lollipop update which pushed out as an OTA for the Virgin Mobile users last week is now available for download as full RUU. The software number on the RUU stands at 2.33.652.2 and it comes with Android version 5.0.2 and New VoWifi client for your Desire 816.
The RUU is sized around 1.2 GB, and you can grab it from the download link below. If you’re new to using RUUs, know that it stands for Rom Upgrade Utility and is useful when you want to update your device manually or want to return back to stock HTC software after playing a while with root, custom ROMs and such stuff.
- Android Lollipop 5.0
- New VoWifi client
HOW TO INSTALL RUU ON HTC DESIRE 816
Note: If you’ve an unlocked bootloader with S-OFF, then you can install the RUU easily. However, if your Desire 816 has an unlocked bootloader with S-ON, then you’ll have to re-lock the bootloader first to be able to install the RUU update.
- Download the RUU on your PC from the download link above.
- Connect your HTC Desire 816 to your PC via a USB cable.
- Make sure you’ve HTC drivers installed on your PC.
- Double-click/Run the RUU update file to launch the system update wizard.
- Follow all of the system update wizard instructions shown on your PC.
- Once the update is complete, click Finish in the Wizard and the device will reboot.