If you’re game for customization and love the exciting custom ROMs around you, then probably you too feel the need of a simple stock ROM which you can resort too when things don’t exactly go as hoped for. Having a stock original OTA update in .zip file format that’s flashable in recovery is a blessing, maybe a life-saver, for us of the flashing types.
Thankfully for Verizon HTC One M8 users, the latest official OTA based off Android 5.0.1 is now available in .zip recovery flashable form as a ROM, without any modifications whatsoever, except of course addition of root, thus resorting to stock build is far easier while also retaining the root, and it removes your current custom ROM in the process, too.
Download the ROM file in .zip format from the source development page here, where you could also keep a tab on updates.
- Verizon HTC One M8
- Don’t try on any other device
Warning: Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page. You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Important Note: Backup important files stored on your device before proceeding with the steps below, so that in case something goes wrong you’ll have backup of all your important files.
- Transfer the ROM file package file to your device’s internal storage and remember the location where you save it.
- You need TWRP recovery, v2.8.50 or higher, for this. Get it from here. There’s good instructions set there, too. For more help, Google is your friend.
- Boot into Recovery mode.
- Once in TWRP recovery, take a backup of your current ROM. Select Backup, then do a “Swipe to Back Up” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once the backup is finished, select Wipe, then do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
- Go back to the main menu of TWRP recovery and select Install.
- Navigate to the file where you saved your ROM’s zip file, select it and “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen. Now wait until the flashing process finishes.
- Go to back to recovery’s Main menu, select Reboot » select System.
Your device will now reboot with Android 5.1 update, thanks to Hyperdrive custom ROM.
In case you need any help over this, let us know. And, you can thank the developer Tigerstown for this.