July 23rd, 2014: Google Play Store updated to v4.9.13 with new Material Design App and Content Pages
► Download Play Store APK v4.9.13
May 16th, 2014: Google Play Store updated to version 4.8.19 with PayPal support, simplified app permissions and some sweet UI changes. Download the latest apk from here (link below):
► Download Play Store APK v4.8.19
March 14, 2014: The latest version of the Google Play Store is now 4.6.16. Get it at the link below.
December 7, 2013: Latest version of the Google Play Store is 4.5.10 now. Get it at the link below.
2nd Nov, 2013: New Google Play Store APK is out, version 4.4.22
There seems to be a even newer version of Google Play around us right now, this one being v3.7.13 — a very little numerical-wise improvement over the one that we found couple of days before, the v3.7.11, from Jelly Bean Galaxy Nexus devices.
Sure Google will be updating all eligible devices to latest version in a matter of weeks maybe, but those of you who want it just right now can download the Google Play APK 3.5.13 from below (step 1) and install it right away.
Note: You DO NOT need root for this. And installing the Google Play (or any app using an APK) is very very easy!
Google Play 3.7.13 Changelog:
Well, to be frank, we don’t know of any particular changes that Google Play Store 3.7.13 brings over 3.7.11, but who cares anyway.
Install Google Play APK 3.7.13 [Guide]
- Download APK of Google Play 3.7.13. File name: GP3.7.13.apk
- Transfer it to phone if you downloaded it on PC.
- Enable “Unknown sources” under Settings » Applications, so that you can install applications from SD Card. If you are on Ice Cream Sandwich, Android 4.0/4.1, find it under Settings » Security.
- Make sure you have a (any) file manager installed. Open file manager app and go to folder where you downloaded/transferred the GP3.7.13.apk (if you downloaded it on phone, it should be in Download folder).
- Tap on the GP3.7.13.apk (the Google Play APK file), to begin installation procedure and it will be installed in less than a minute. That’s it. Open the Google Play now and you have the latest version of it right there.
If you get any trouble installing the Google Play 3.7.13 using the APK file, do let us know. As regards eligible devices, I think you’ll to be on Android 2.2 or higher to be able to update your Google Play.