March 14, 2014: The latest version of the Google Play Store is now 4.6.16. Get it at the link below.
December 7, 2013: Latest version of the Google Play Store is 4.5.10 now. Get it at the link below.
2nd Nov, 2013: New Google Play Store APK is out, version 4.4.22
UPDATE (November 18, 2012): Google Play Store updated to version 3.10.9. Download from here.
Update (November 2, 2012): Google Play Store updated to version 3.9.17, so we recommend you to download latest Google Play APK 3.9.17 from here.
Update (October 12, 2012): The latest version of Google Play Store right now is 3.9.16, so we recommend you to install the Google Play APK 3.9.16 from here. It brings in some cool new features.
UPDATE (August 22, 2012): Play Store updated again with gift card redeem function. The latest version now is 3.8.17 ─ download from here.
UPDATE (August 18, 2012): Google has pushed a minor update to the Play Store again, and the latest version now is 3.8.16 ─ download it from here.
Update (August 16, 2012): Okay, one more new version of Google Play store is up. You should download this only. It’s v3.8.15, and you can get it here.
UPDATE (July 26, 2012): Here’s the latest Google Play APK, version 3.7.15 — LINK. So, download this one instead of one below.
There seems to be a even newer version of Google Play around us right now, this one being v3.7.13 — a very little numerical-wise improvement over the one that we found couple of days before, the v3.7.11, from Jelly Bean Galaxy Nexus devices.
Sure Google will be updating all eligible devices to latest version in a matter of weeks maybe, but those of you who want it just right now can download the Google Play APK 3.5.13 from below (step 1) and install it right away.
Note: You DO NOT need root for this. And installing the Google Play (or any app using an APK) is very very easy!
Google Play 3.7.13 Changelog:
Well, to be frank, we don’t know of any particular changes that Google Play Store 3.7.13 brings over 3.7.11, but who cares anyway.
Install Google Play APK 3.7.13 [Guide]
- Download APK of Google Play 3.7.13. File name: GP3.7.13.apk
- Transfer it to phone if you downloaded it on PC.
- Enable “Unknown sources” under Settings » Applications, so that you can install applications from SD Card. If you are on Ice Cream Sandwich, Android 4.0/4.1, find it under Settings » Security.
- Make sure you have a (any) file manager installed. Open file manager app and go to folder where you downloaded/transferred the GP3.7.13.apk (if you downloaded it on phone, it should be in Download folder).
- Tap on the GP3.7.13.apk (the Google Play APK file), to begin installation procedure and it will be installed in less than a minute. That’s it. Open the Google Play now and you have the latest version of it right there.
If you get any trouble installing the Google Play 3.7.13 using the APK file, do let us know. As regards eligible devices, I think you’ll to be on Android 2.2 or higher to be able to update your Google Play.