March 14, 2014: The latest version of the Google Play Store is now 4.6.16. Get it at the link below.
December 7, 2013: Latest version of the Google Play Store is 4.5.10 now. Get it at the link below.
2nd Nov, 2013: New Google Play Store APK is out, version 4.4.22
22nd Oct, 2013: Play Store just got updated to version 4.4.21. Download the latest update from the link below
Update 14th Aug, 2013: Play Store has been updated to version 4.3.11.
Download → Play Store APK 4.3.11
Update: There is a new version of Google Play Store available now, version 3.10.10. Grab it from here.
An update to Google Play Store is now rolling out with build version 3.10.9. Not much changes have been made except for a new screen that suggests apps after you install an app and ability to delete items added in wishlist.
Also, while installing the app we did notice some new location based permissions the app was asking request for:
- Approximate location (network-based)
- Precise location (GPS and network-based)
It could be possible that more changes have been made with this new Play Store APK and we haven’t found them yet, so do let us know if you find anything new other than the ones mentioned here.
Read on for download links and installation guide (for noobs)
How to Install Play Store APK 3.10.9
- Let’s begin with downloading the Google Play Store APK 3.10.9. Filename: gplay3109.apk
- Transfer the Google Play Store APK file to phone if you downloaded it on PC and remember the location.
- In order to install an app using its installation file in .apk format from phone’s sdcard or internal memory, you first need to enable that from settings. For this, if you are on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and above, go to Settings » Security and enable ‘Unknown Sources’. For Android 2.3 and below, go to Settings » Application » enable the ‘Unknown Sources’ .
- You will need a file explorer to go to folder where you downloaded APK on phone or transferred it from PC. We would recommend the Solid Explorer App, however any file manager would do fine. Now, open the file explorer app and go to folder where you downloaded/transferred the Google Play Store APK file. (Btw, if you downloaded it on phone, it should be in Download folder).
- Now, tap on the Google Play Store APK file – gplay3109.apk – to begin installation and you will be done in less than a minute.