Yo, it’s here! Google just released the Nexus 4 Android 5.0 Lollipop Factory image. Download from the link below and flash it via fastboot. However, installing the factory image will wipe everything on your phone, so make sure you backup any important file (music, videos, documents, etc.) before installing the factory image.
The Nexus 4 Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware build is LRX21T, download and install using the instructions given below:
icon-download Download Nexus 4 Android 5.0 Lollipop factory Image (471.37 MB)
File name: occam-lrx21t-factory-51cee750.tar
Fastboot and ADB files (919 KB)
File name: adb_and_fastboot_files.zip
WARNING: Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page. You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Important Note: Backup important files (music, photos, documents, videos, etc.) stored on your Nexus 4 before proceeding with the steps below. Your device internal storage will be completely wiped so make sure you backup any/all of your important files on a PC.
- Make sure your device is Nexus 4, do not install/flash this on any other device.
- Unlock the bootloader on your Nexus 4! (The link is for Nexus 5, but the process is same so it’ll work for Nexus 4).
- Extract/Untar the occam-lrx21t-factory-51cee750.tar file on your computer (using 7-zip software, preferably). You’ll get the following file: occam-lrx21t-factory-51cee750
- Extract the occam-lrx21t-factory-51cee750 file as well, you’ll get a few files:
- A radio and bootloader image
- Now extract/unzip the adb_and_fastboot_files.zip file on your computer and copy/paste all the extracted content (files and folders) to the folder where you extracted the files in Step 2.
- Make sure all the extracted files and folders from adb_and_fastboot_files.zip are in the folder where your files are in Step 2.
- Boot your Nexus 4 into Bootloader/Fastboot Mode:
- Completely power off your Nexus 4
- Press and Hold “Volume Down + Power” button for a couple of seconds. You’ll boot into bootloader mode.
- Connect your Nexus 4 to PC using a USB cable
- Run the flash-all.bat file from the files you extracted in Step 2.
- The factory image will now install on your Nexus 4, sit back and let the process complete.
- Once the factory image is installed, your Nexus 4 will automatically reboot. This will be your phones first boot on Android 5.0 Lollipop so don’t worry if it takes time.
Getting “missing system.img” error?
Nexus 5 users experienced this “missing system.img” error, it’s due to some issue with the flash-all.bat script included in the factory image. In case you also get this error while flashing the Android 5.0 image on your Nexus 4, just use the link provided below:
Root, you ask?
Well, Chainfire has already updated CF Auto Root for Android 5.0 Lollipop. Check the page below: