With Android Wear 4.4W.2 updateand Google Play Music v5.7 and onward, you can now download/store music on your Android Wear Watch (Moto 360, LG G Watch, etc.) for offline music playback directly from the watch.
Download Music to Android Wear using Play Music app
- First, make sure you update your watch to the Android Wear 4.4W.2
- Update/Install the new Google Play Music v5.7.1717
- Open the Play Music app on your phone, go to Settings » scroll down a bit and tick/check the “Download to Android Wear” checkbox
- Now go to a song/playlist/album and select download from the options menu
- A download will begin on the phone for the song you selected in step above and as soon as it finishes on the phone, the song will be downloaded to your Android Wear watch as well.
- Now open the Play music app on the watch and play the song you downloaded on your watch. No need to connect the watch to phone, your song will play offline directly from the watch.
How to transfer offline music (.mp3) to Android Wear Watch
Even with the offline music support in Android 4.4W.2 update, you still can’t just transfer music to your Wear Watch like you do for your Android smartphone or Tablet. However, you can get offline music collection on your Wear watch once you upload it to Google Play Music library.
You can download any song on your Android Wear watch that’s available on your Play Music library. As of now, this is the only way to get your music from PC (probably in .mp3 format) to your Android Wear Watch.