You didn’t think the TouchWiz 5 launcher from the Galaxy S3 would take away all the limelight, did you? After countless ports of the TouchWiz 5 launcher for different devices, the launcher from LG UI 3.0 — LG’s latest proprietary UI seen on latest and upcoming LG devices — has been made available for all devices (including non-LG devices), by XDA Senior Member Impact7.
The UI 3.0 Launcher is quite smooth and features some interesting customization options such as themes support, screen effects, ability to rearrange icons in the apps menu and/or group them together — and even has options such as the ability to choose between scrolling and non-scrolling wallpaper, scrolling homescreens circularly, etc. which are generally only found on custom launchers.
Keep in mind that the LG UI 3.0 launcher is only for Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0, so you will need to be on an Android 4.0 ROM on your device before you can try it out.
Let’s take a look at how the LG UI 3.0 launcher can be installed on your Android device.
How to Install LG UI 3.0 Launcher
- Make sure your device is running an Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich ROM (check in Settings » About phone/tablet).
- Download the UI 3.0 Launcher APK file from → here. Download the file named LGHome3.apk.
- Copy the downloaded .apk file to your device.
- You’ll need a file manager to browse through SD Card. If you don’t have one already, use ASTRO File Manager (install for free from your current Google Play Store/Android Market app).
- Enable “Unknown sources” under Settings » Security on the device, so that you can install applications from SD Card.
- Open file manager app and go directly to where you transferred the APK file in Step 3.
- Find and tap on the file to begin installation procedure and it will be installed in less than a minute.
- After installation is complete, press the home button on your device, then select Home to launch UI 3.0 launcher (you can also set it as the default launcher by selecting Use by default for this action before selecting Home, but try it out first before doing that).
The LG UI 3.0 launcher is now installed on your Android device. Do try it out and let us know your impressions of it, in the comments below.