GWK74 Android 2.3.7 Nexus S 4G Update
Having a Google’s Nexus brand of device has its own benefits — stock Android experience, no stubborn custom UIs of manufacturers and above all, super timely update. Right now, the device running the latest android OS is Nexus S 4G, at Sprint, for which Google has begun rolling out Android 2.3.7 update, termed as GWK74. Android 2.3.7 brings Google Wallet service to phones which is why you would drool over it for your phone too.
If you’re a Sprint customer and have a Galaxy S 4G in hand but haven’t been chosen over by Google so far for OTA Android 2.3.7 update GWK74, you can now manually download and install it on your Nexus S 4G — pretty easily.
Note: Root isn’t required in order to be able to install GWK74 update.
[warning] The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to you or your device, we won’t be held liable. You only will be responsible — you’ve been warned. Okay! [/warning]
How to Update Nexus S 4G to Android 2.3.7
- Download the GWK74 update’s .zip file
- Rename it to update.zip
- Transfer it to your Nexus S 4G’s sd card
- Switch Off Phone
- Enter Recovery mode:
- While the phone is switched off, hold Volume UP and Power keys till a menu shows up
- Select recovery
- Phone will reboot and a screen with yellow triangle will show up
- Now, while holding power button, press Volume UP key. That would enter you into recovery mode
- Now, select “apply update.zip”
- Your phone’s sd card will show up, select the update.zip file (that you transferred in step 3). Done!
- The Android 2.3.7 update will be applied and phone will reboot thereafter.
- Once it has rebooted, your phone will be running Android 2.3.7 and you’ve got Google Wallets’ high-tech payment system NFC on board.
Do let us know your thoughts on the Google Wallet service in comments below.