AOSP based Android 5.0 ROMs are making their way to various Nexus devices as we speak. We covered one for the Nexus 4 yesterday, but since AOSP ROMs don’t come with Google services built-in and Android 5.0 has only been out now, we didn’t have the Gapps for Android 5.0 Lollipop to make Google services work on AOSP based Android 5.0 ROMs.
Gapps come in many sizes, depending on how many of Google apps are included in the package other than the basic files required to make Google services work. The Android 5.0 Gapps package made by drewwalton19216801 contains the following apps and services from Google:
- Android 5.0 Setup Wizard
- Basic Required Google Services
- Play Store
- Google Now
- Gmail 5.0
- Google Calendar 5.0
- Google Now Launcher
- Cloud Print
This is clearly a bare minimum Android 5.0 Gapps package containing only the important Google services and apps with package as small as 90 MB. Generally, a full-fledged Gapps package that contains all Google apps and services goes anywhere between 250-300 MB.
Don’t be worried about the missing Google apps, you can always download them from the Play Store or by the means of APKs.
icon-download Android 5.0 Gapps (155 MB)
File name: gapps-lp-201411xx-signed.zip
How to Flash Android 5.0 Lollipop Gapps [TWRP Recovery]
- Transfer the Android 5.0 Lollipop Gapps package to your device’s internal SD Card.
- Boot your Android device into Recovery Mode, if you’re rooted the simplest way is using the Quick Boot app →.
- Select Install from the Main menu.
- Navigate to the folder where you saved the Android 5.0 Gapps file on your device and select it.
- Now “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen to flash/install Gapps on your device.
- Once flashing process finishes, Go back to the main menu and select Reboot » System
That’s it. Enjoy!