Here you will find the stock firmware files for Samsung Galaxy J1 2016 edition. The model no. for this device is SM-J120, followed by a letter denoting device’s variant’s particular region. Always be sure to check your device’s own model no. beforehand to help you with downloading and installing the cirrect firmware file, failing which your device may get seriously damaged.
The download link provided below from downloadmirror provides you better speed than Mega, Google Drive, etc. Feel free to share the link with others.
Samsung Galaxy J1 2016 Stock Firmware
Model no. SM-J120F
- J210FDDU0APF5 | Android 6.0.1 → J210FDDU0APF5_J210FODD0APF8_INS.zip
- J210FXXU0APF4 | Android 6.0.1 → J210FXXU0APF4_J210FODD0APF3_INS.zip
- J210FXXU0APG1 | Android 6.0.1 → J210FXXU0APG1_J210FODD0APG1_SLK.zip
Model no. SM-J120W
- J120WVLU1APC8 | Filename: RWC-J120WVLU1APC8-20160419140330.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- J120WVLU1APC8 | Filename: VMC-J120WVLU1APC8-20160419140410.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- J120WVLU1APC8 | Filename: BMC-J120WVLU1APC8-20160419140200.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- J120WVLU1APC8 | Filename: XAC-J120WVLU1APC8-20160502164320.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- J120WVLU1APC8 | Filename: TLS-J120WVLU1APC8-20160419140400.zip | Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
How to Download and Install Firmware
Be sure to check your Galaxy J1 2016’s model no. first. You can do so using an app called Droid Info, or simply check it on its packaging box, or under Settings > About.
Then download the firmware according to that model no. only to ensure compatibility. We have provided the downloads as per model no. so that it’s easy for you to identify the firmware for your device.
Next, install the firmware on your Galaxy J1 2016 by following the guide linked right below.
You can use the firmware for variety of purposes, which includes:
- Fix your Galaxy J1 2016 if it’s giving you force closes errors and restarts randomly.
- Unbrick your Galaxy J1 2016 if it’s bootlooping and stuck at logo when restarting.
- Go Back to Stock on your Galaxy J1 2016 — helps when looking to sell the device, or fix installing OTA updates if broken.
- Restore Galaxy J1 2016 to factory state.
- Upgrade your Galaxy J1 2016 to newer Android version.
- Downgrade your Galaxy J1 2016 to lower build no. at same Android version.
- Unroot your Galaxy J1 2016.
- Remove custom recovery like TWRP and CWM, if installed, on your Galaxy J1 2016.
To perform any of the above, simply install the firmware meant for your device, as per its model no. in Settings, About device.
Need help? Let us know if you need any help regarding this via comments below.