AT&T Note 5 recently receive an update to OJ1 build, whose full version is N920AATT2AOJ1. While in respect of other Note 5 variants like Global one (N920i/G/F) or T-Mobile Note 5 (N920T), firmwares are available for download and manual installation, that’s not the case sadly with AT&T Note 5.
Lucky for you then, that we got hold of the latest firmware, OJ1, using which you can update your AT&T Note 5 easily to OJ1.
You can install the OJ1 firmware manually using our guide linked below, and that helps you a lot.
For example, you can effortlessly unbrick your AT&T Note 5 by installing the firmware. This also helps in unrooting the device, or removing custom recovery like TWRP.
If you ever wish to go back to stock, you just need to install the firmware. Installing OJ1 firmware and then doing a factory reset will make your device like a new one, as far as software is concerned.
Find the download link of the OJ1 firmware below. The file provided for download is a RAR file, which you have to extract using a software like 7-zip.
Then you will get 4 TAR files, which are to be used in Odin, a PC software that we use to install firmware on Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
For help with installation of OJ1 firmware using its TAR files and Odin, see the guide linked at bottom.
AT&T Galaxy Note 5 [SM-N920A]
How to Download and Install Firmware
Be sure to check your AT&T Galaxy Note 5’s model no. first. Then download the firmware according to that model no. only. We have provided the downloads as per model no. only so that it’s easy for you to identify the firmware for your device. Alternatively, you can also use the app called Droid Info to determine your device’s model no. easily.
Next, install the firmware on your AT&T Galaxy Note 5 by following the guide linked right below.
You can use the firmware for variety of purposes, which includes:
- Fix your AT&T Galaxy Note 5 if it’s giving you force closes errors and restarts randomly
- Unbrick your AT&T Galaxy Note 5 if it’s bootlooping and stuck at logo when restarting
- Get AT&T Galaxy Note 5 Back to Stock to receive OTA updates if broken
- Restore AT&T Galaxy Note 5 to factory state
- Upgrade your AT&T Galaxy Note 5 to newer Android version
- Downgrade your AT&T Galaxy Note 5 to lower build no. at same Android version (going back to 5.0 or 5.1 is not possible anymore)
- Unroot your AT&T Galaxy Note 5 (will also remove custom recovery like TWRP and CWM, if installed)
To perform any of the above, simply install the firmware meant for your device, as per its model no. in Settings, About device.
Need help? Let us know if you need any help regarding this via comments below.