Team AOKP just released build 5 of the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean based custom ROM for all officially supported devices. Build 5 is based on the latest version of Jelly Bean – Android 4.1.2, and follows Build 4 which was released just a coupe of weeks ago. With more devices getting the Android 4.1.2 update, the Unicorns have stepped up their game, and added two more devices to their list of officially supported devices. And this time, it’s AT&T’s Samsung Galaxy S3, as well as the AT&T Galaxy Note that make their way in. Unfortunately, AT&T HTC One X or HTC One XL could not be added to Build 5, but knowing the AOKP team, it won’t be long before they extend their supported devices list to more and more popular phones.
Here’s a list of the new features quoted from the official page, that AOKP Build 5 brings with it:
- Custom NavBar for Tablets
- NavBar widgets are back from ICS
- Highly customizable Lockscreen Ring targets, with a shiny new editor in ROMControl! (also thanks to CM for the base of the framework part)
- Alternate default app picker (like in GB)
- Menu UI Overflow Toggle
- Option to disable vibration for Notification expansion
- RAM Bar in the Recents panel
- Timeout and instant lock options for Slide lock
- VPN Traffic amount in human readable format
Gapps has also been updated along with the new build, so if you’re planning on flashing Build 5 tonight, don’t forget to download the latest Gapps package along with it.
You can view the list of officially supported devices here, and hit the link below to download JB Build 5.
AOKO team member Adam has also created an awesome app Kangerator, which will keep you updated on official AOKP releases, as well as updates to Gapps packages. You can download it for free from the Google Play StoreDownload Kangerator