Looks like devices aren’t the only one to taste the latest Android version, 6.0. The ultra low-costing Android One devices are in the mix for Marshmallow OTA update too, and are already receiving the 6.0 OTA.
We’ve confirmation for Micromax Canvas A1, one of the first Android One sets with codename Sprout to receive the Marshmallow OTA update, sized 338 MB.
Luckily, the update is available for download already. if you own device with Sprout codename from the Android One 1st Gen series, then we think your device is a good fit for the Marshmallow OTA update shared here. Give it a try.
- Android One 1st Gen device, codename Sprout4 — Link | File: dc78fbefaf5f69cc4754751251d9ece094bc96e6.signed-sprout-mmx-MRA58M-from-LMY48M.zip
- Karbonn Sparkle V — Link | Another link (not mirror)
- Micromax Canvas A1 AQ4501 — Link
- Spice Dream Uno — Link
Btw, if you want TWRP flashable Marshmallow update file in zip format, then check out our page on that here.
Installing an official update doesn’t voids your device’s warranty, but it remains an unofficial procedure after all. hence, you need exercise caution. You only are responsible for your device and we won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
How to Install
Step 1. Download the official Marshmallow OTA update from above.
Step 2. Connect your device to PC using a USB cable.
Step 3. Now transfer the OTA update to phone’s storage. Remember the location of it.
Step 4. Boot your device to recovery mode. (Make sure you have stock recovery (linked above in 2nd para), and not a TWRP/CWM recovery.)
- Disconnect the phone from PC, and then Power off it.
- Press and hold both volume buttons with power button until you see anything on screen. This is bootloader mode.
- Now, use volume button to bring Recovery menu, and then press power button to select it. You will progress towards recovery mode.
- Wait, you’re not there yet. You’ll see a dead Android with exclamation mark. This is no command screen. Just press and hold power button for 3 seconds and then press Volume up button once to enter recovery mode.
Step 5. In stock recovery, choose ‘install update from sdcard’.
Step 6. Now, select the OTA update file using volume buttons for navigation and power button to select a file or enter a folder. Once you select file, confirm its install and the update will start installing on your device.
Step 7. When done, you will be back to main screen of recovery. Select ‘reboot system now’ to restart your device and welcome the official Android 6.0 update from Google.
→ Let us know via comments section below if you need any help with this.