Hurray! Android M is finally here. Google just announced the Android M at the Google I/O 2015 keynote a couple of hours ago. The company said Android M will be available to Nexus 5, 6, 9 and Player today, and since then we have been waiting impatiently for the preview build to be available for download.
And well, it’s here. You can grab Android M from the download links below for your Nexus device and flash it like you flash factory images on your Nexus devices.
DOWNLOAD ANDROID M
How to Install Android M on Nexus 5, 6, 9 and Player
- Download the Android M factory image for your device from the link above.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Boot your Nexus device into Bootloader mode and connect it to the PC
- Extract the Android M factory image you downloaded above, you’ll get a script file named flash-all for both Windows and Linux.
- Double-click/Run the flash-all.bat if you’re on Windows PC or flash-all.sh if you’re on Linux. This will begin flashing Android M on your device.
- Wait until flashing completes. Your device will then automatically reboot.
Be extremely excited for running the Android M on your Nexus device now. Enjoy!
Note: In case you’re getting “error: update package missing system.img” error while flashing Android M on your Nexus device, try flashing method shared → over here.