Now this is a ROM that should give the Desire HD owners a chance to try out something different on their phone, specially those who are feeling bored after using custom ROMs (Cyanogenmod or MIUI or any other rom) for a long long time.
DianXin OS, also called DX OS briefly, is a pretty new ROM with Gingerbread Android 2.3 at the core and has only been around for some 2 months — and is now slowly making its way to more and more devices, as developers sink their teeth into it and get it ported to different devices. One such port has been made by XDA developer qtwrk for the HTC Desire HD.
Some might liken DianXin OS to MIUI given the similarities, but DianXin is a completely new ROM that is not in any way based on MIUI. Here’s a look at some of the unique features of DianXin ROM:
- Individual apps (contacts, launcher, etc.) can be updated separately without the need to update the whole ROM.
- Beautiful UI
- Tons of battery saving options
- Very fast and super responsive
- Ability to set individual themes for each contact/message
- Make backups of contacts, text and phone, anywhere, anytime. Restore them from your phone or from the cloud.
- Record your own alarms
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know exactly what you are doing. If any damage occurs to you or your device, we won’t be held liable. You have been forewarned!
This ROM and the guide below are compatible only and only with the HTC Desire HD. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
Developer → qtwrk
- Imp!! Rooted HTC Desire HD with Clockworkmod Recovery installed.
- Battery charged to minimum of 50%.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
How to Install DianXin ROM on your Desire HD
- Download the latest version of the ROM from the original development page.
- Transfer the downloaded zip file from step 1 to the root of your external microSD card on the HTC Desire HD.
- Switch off your phone
- Boot into Clockworkmod recovery. To do this, hold Volume Down & the Power button until the device boots to the bootloader. Once in the bootloader, use Volume Down to scroll to “recovery” and press the Power button to select.
In recovery, use Volume buttons to navigate and the Power button to select options.
- [Optional] Perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this rom. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore → On the next screen, select Backup again.
- Now, in the main recovery menu, select ”wipe data/factory reset”, then select “Yes” on the next screen. (This does not touch your SD card, so don’t worry).
- Now scroll to the option “Install zip from sdcard” and select it. Select “choose zip from sdcard”, then browse and select the rom file from step 1. Then, select “Yes” on next screen to confirm installation of the ROM.
- After the installation is complete, select “go back” then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone and boot up into DianXin ROM.
That’s it. You can now enjoy using this beautiful ROM on your Desire HD. Follow the original development page to get the latest updates on the ROM. Share your experience and problems (if any) in the comments below, and we’ll do our best to help you out.