Desire HD and Desire S get One V’s ROM
The HTC One V, the lower-end member of HTC’s One series that debuted at MWC this year, saw its firmware get leaked on the internet, based on Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 with HTC’s newest Sense 4.0 UI on top. XDA member proxuser has ported this firmware over to the Desire S and Desire HD with Primo-S ROM, which you can try on your phone to get a taste of ICS with Sense 4.0 on top. It’s supposed to be the fastest ROM ever for either phone, but I’ll let you decide whether that’s true.
The ROM is said to be stable enough, but since it’s built from a leaked firmware, there are a few things that do not work (see list below under ROM Info), along with bugs that might crop up here and there.
Read on to find out how you can flash Primo-S ROM on your Desire S/Desire HD.
This ROM and the guide below are compatible only and only with the HTC Desire HD and the Desire S. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings » About.
The methods discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know exactly what you are doing. If any damage occurs to your device, including a bricked, non-functional device, we won’t be held liable.
Developer → proxuser
What doesn’t work:
- wi-fi hotspot
- and others..
- Rooted/S-Off HTC Desire HD/Desire S with Clockworkmod Recovery installed.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
- Sufficiently charged battery, at least 50% is recommended.
How To Install Primo-S ROM on the HTC Desire HD/Desire S
- Download the latest version of the ROM from the development page.
Desire HD → Official development page
Desire S → Official development page
- Transfer the downloaded zip file to the root of the sdcard on your Desire HD/Desire S, and disconnect the phone from PC.
- Switch off your phone, and reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery (Press Volume Down & Power Key, and select recovery in the next screen). In recovery, use the Volume buttons to scroll up and down and the Power button to select options
- [Optional] Perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this rom. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore » On the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset”, then select “Yes” on next screen to confirm data wipe (will NOT wipe your SD cards).
- Now select “install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard”. Scroll to the ROM file on the sdcard that you transferred in step 2 and select it. Select “Yes” on next screen to confirm installation. The ROM will now start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select “go back” then select “reboot system now” to reboot the phone.
After the phone boots up, you’ll be running Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.3 on your Desire S/Desire HD with the Sense 4.0 UI on top. Visit the original development page to get more info and the latest updates on the ROM. Share your thoughts on the ROM in the comments.