Cyanogenmod 7 (CM7) for the AT&T Galaxy S II Skyrocket (SGH-I727)
Wait is over for those of you who own an AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, and have been wanting to install a CM ROM on your device. After the release of CM for the T-Mobile Galaxy S2, it was just a matter of time before it would be ported to the Skyrocket. These devices are similar (not the same) and it is usually just a question of tweaking a few things to match the some of the carrier-specific hardware components.
Of course, CM7 on the Skyrocket also has some minor issues as is the case currently on the T-Mobile S2, and is an Alpha build for the time being. But if you don’t want to wait till a stable build is out, you can still go ahead and try this out.
Issues: (these are issues stated from the T989 so most likely they would be present on this one as well)
- Small Audio Issues
- Camera Preview Glitches when switching from camcorder to camera & Screen rotation
You can Download the files below:
Install CM7 on your At&t Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
- Make sure your phone is rooted and has CWM recovery installed
- Do a Nandroid backup of your phone [CWM backup]
- Download the CM7 & Google Apps zip to sdcard
- Reboot into CWM recovery
- Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- Install the zip
- Install the Google Apps zip as well