Those of you who own a T-Mobile Galaxy S2, and have been wanting to install a CM ROM on your devices ─ your prayers have been answered.
XDA developer slayher, has released an Alpha version of Cyanogenmod 7 or CM 7 for the T-MObile Galaxy S II ( T-989). Although an Alpha build, it is still quite good for daily use as per slayher.
It does have a few minor known issues with Audio & Camera Preview while switching from camcorder mode, but since when did these small glitches stop us from flashing a new ROM , especially a CyanogenMod ROM which we have been eagerly waiting for our phone.
Install CM7 on your T-Mobile Galaxy S2
- Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager
- Download the CM7 ROM and Google Apps from the original post at XDA → link here.
- Transfer the files downloaded above to your phone’s internal memory
- Reboot into recovery and do a Nandroid backup! (CWM Backup)
- Wipe everything “Wipe Data/Factory rset” and “Wipe Cache partition”
- Select Install zip from SD Card, choose the CM7 ROM zip file you transferred to your phone in Step 3, then select Yes to flash it.
- Now flash the Google Apps zip file you transferred to your phone in Step 3
- After the flashing both the files, go back to the main menu of recovery and reboot your phone.
For real time discussion of the ROM and bugs etc, please join #cyanogenmod or #slayher on irc.freenode.net.
Try it out, and let us know your thoughts in comments below.