- 1.CWM RECOVERY INFO
- 2. WARNING!
- 3. GUIDE: CWM RECOVERY FOR MICROMAX A121
- 3.1. STEP 0: CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
- 3.2. STEP 1: BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
- 3.3. STEP 2: INSTALL LATEST DRIVER
- 3.4. STEP 4: INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
- 3.5. icon-hand-o-right BOOTING INTO MICROMAX A121 RECOVERY MODE
Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page.
You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
GUIDE: CWM RECOVERY FOR MICROMAX A121
Before you begin with guide instructions below, make sure your android device is adequately charged — at least 50% battery of the device.
STEP 0: CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
To make sure your device is eligible with this, you must first confirm its model no. in ‘About device’ option under Settings. Another way to confirm model no. is by looking for it on the packaging box of your device. It must be A121!
Do not use the procedures discussed here on any other variant of Micromax A121 or any other device of Micromax or any other company. You have been warned!
STEP 1: BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
Back up important data and stuff before you start playing around here as there are chances you might lose your apps and app-data (app settings, game progress, etc.), and in rare case, files on the internal memory, too.
For help on Backup and Restore, check out our exclusive page on that linked right below.
STEP 2: INSTALL LATEST DRIVER
You must have proper and working driver installed on your windows computer to be able to successfully flash CWM Recovery on your Micromax A121. If you are not sure, follow the link below for a guide to install driver for your Micromax A121 on your computer.
STEP 4: INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Download the CWM Recovery Image and One click recovery installer file given below. Transfer both the files to a separate folder on your computer.
CWM RECOVERY IMAGE
DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: recovery_CWM_h700.img (9.9 MB)
For updates and more info, check the original development page →
ONE CLICK RECOVERY INSTALLER
DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: one-click-recovery-installer.zip (920 KB)
Important Note: Backup important files stored on internal SD card of your device, so that in case a situation arises requiring you to do a factory reset after flashing CWM Recovery, which might delete internal sd card too, your files will remain safe on PC.
- Prepare your phone:
- Enable developer options: Go to your phone’s Settings » select About phone » Scroll to the bottom and tap on “Build number” seven times to enable developer options.
- Enable USB Debugging: Open phone’s Settings » select Developer options » Tick the “USB debugging” check-box (under Debugging section).
- Connect your phone to PC with a USB cable and if a pop-up screen shows up on phone asking you to Allow USB debugging for the computer, make sure you tick the checkbox and tap OK.
- Disable Fastboot! On your Micromax A121, go to Settings » select Power (or Battery) and there, look for the option Fast boot. Make sure you it is not checked, and is thus disabled, so that you can fully Power Off your device to be able to boot into fastboot mode.
- Extract the installer file one-click-recovery-installer.zip (using 7-zip free software, preferably). You’ll get the following files:
└ The only file that matters for you is one-click-recovery-installer.bat, you can ignore others (but DON’T delete any).
- [!Important] Rename the the CWM recovery image file you downloaded above from recovery_CWM_h700.img → TO → recovery.img
- Paste the recovery.img file to the folder where you extracted the files in the Step 4.
└ Both the one-click-recovery-installer.bat file and recovery.img file should be in the same folder along with all the other files we got in Step 4.
- Double-click/Run the ‘one-click-recovery-installer.bat’ file and follow the simple on-screen instructions like ‘Press any key to continue..’ to install CWM recovery on your Micromax A121.
└ Note: In case the script gets stuck on < waiting for device > (see image below) for more than a minute or so, then it means you don’t have proper drivers installed on your computer for your Micromax A121. Follow the drivers installation guide provided above for troubleshooting driver and other connectivity issues.
- Once the CWM recovery is flashed successfully, your device will automatically reboot into system.
You have successfully flashed CWM Recovery on your Micromax A121. It was easy to install, right? Let us know how you plan to use it in comments below.
icon-hand-o-right BOOTING INTO MICROMAX A121 RECOVERY MODE
- Power off your device and wait 4-5 seconds after lights go off.
- Press and hold Volume UP + Power key together for a few seconds and then release the buttons as soon as you see the Android logo with an exclamation mark. That’s it.
└ In recovery, use Volume Up and Down keys to navigate between options and Power key to select an option.
Your suggestions and queries, if any, are most welcomed!