- 1.CWM RECOVERY INFO
- 2. WARNING!
- 3. GUIDE: CWM RECOVERY FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S5
CWM RECOVERY INFO
Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page.
You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
GUIDE: CWM RECOVERY FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S5
Before you begin with guide instructions below, make sure your android device is adequately charged — at least 50% battery of the device.
STEP 0: CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
To make sure your device is eligible with this, you must first confirm its model no. in ‘About device’ option under Settings. Another way to confirm model no. is by looking for it on the packaging box of your device. It must be SM-G900F!
Do not use the procedures discussed here on any other variant of Galaxy S5 or any other device of Samsung or any other company. You have been warned!
STEP 1: BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
Back up important data and stuff before you start playing around here as there are chances you might lose your apps and app-data (app settings, game progress, etc.), and in rare case, files on the internal memory, too.
For help on Backup and Restore, check out our exclusive page on that linked right below.
STEP 2: INSTALL LATEST DRIVER
You must have proper and working driver installed on your windows computer to be able to successfully flash CWM Recovery on your Galaxy S5. If you are not sure, follow the link below for a definitive guide for installing driver for your Galaxy S5 on your computer.
► HOW TO INSTALL DRIVERS ON SAMSUNG ANDROID PHONES (This is for Galaxy NOTE 3 but will work fine for Galaxy S5 as well)
STEP 4: INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Download the one click CWM installer zip file given below. Transfer installer zip file to a separate folder on your computer.
ONE CLICK CWM INSTALLER
Important Note: Backup important files stored on internal SD card of your device, so that in case a situation arises requiring you to do a factory reset after flashing CWM Recovery, which might delete internal sd card too, your files will remain safe on PC.
- Prepare your phone:
- Enable developer options: Go to your phone’s Settings » select About phone » Scroll to the bottom and tap on “Build number” seven times to enable developer options.
- Enable USB Debugging: Open phone’s Settings » select Developer options » Tick the “USB debugging” check-box (under Debugging section).
- Connect your phone to PC with a USB cable and if a pop-up screen shows up on phone asking you to Allow USB debugging for the computer, make sure you tick the checkbox and tap OK.
- Extract the installer file ‘CWM Recovery for Samsung GALAXY S5.zip’ (using 7-zip free software, preferably). You’ll get the following files, and one folder:
- api (folder)
- Double-click/Run the ‘1-click-CWM-recovery-installer.bat’ file and follow the simple on-screen instructions like ‘Press any key to continue..’ to install CWM recovery on your Galaxy S5.
- Once the CWM recovery installation process is finished on your Galaxy S5, you can disconnect it from your PC.
- Try rebooting your Galaxy S5 into recovery mode to check if the CWM recovery has successfully installed on your phone
Your suggestions and queries, if any, are most welcomed in the comments section below.