CWM ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0 for HTC Sensation [Guide]
ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery – one of the most useful and famous Android tools that almost every device uses to flash custom ROMs and modifications – has gotten a major version upgrade to version 6.0, and is now available for the HTC Sensation courtesy of XDA Recognized Contributor Rusty!. CWM 6.0’s most important improvements are that ROM backups take much less time now and are 4-5x times faster than before. Also, incremental backups of the same ROM are of much less size, only around 15-20 MB which saves quite a lot of space.
Let’s take a look at how ClockworkMod recovery 6.0 can be installed on the HTC Sensation.
This guide is applicable only for HTC Sensation. DO NOT try this on any other device.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0 on HTC Sensation
- [Important] Make sure your device is S-Off.
- Download the CWM recovery file.
Download Link | Filename: PG58IMG-cwm-184.108.40.206-pyramid.zip | Size: 5.2 MB
- Rename the above file to PG58IMG from PG58IMG-cwm-220.127.116.11-pyramid.
- Copy the PG58IMG.zip file to the root of your external SD i.e directly send to the SD card, don’t put it inside any folder inside the SD card.
- Turn off your phone. Boot into HBOOT mode by powering the phone on while holding down the Volume Down button.
- The press Volume Up when it asks you “Do you want to start the update”. This will start installing ClockworkMod recovery.
- After installation is complete, press Power Off to reboot the phone. As soon as the phone boots up, delete the PG58IMG.zip file from the SD card, otherwise every time you enter HBOOT, the phone will try to install recovery again.
- ClockworkMod recovery 6.0 is now installed on your HTC Sensation. To boot into recovery, boot into HBOOT mode, then using the volume buttons, highlight the Recovery option and select it using the power button to boot into CWM recovery.
ClockworkMod recovery 6.0 is now installed on your HTC Sensation, which you can use to install custom ROMs. Let us know how it works!