Rocking an Android 4.1 Jelly Bean based CM10 ROM on your Galaxy Nexus and would like to try out a new theme for it? Perhaps you would like to go back in time and get a Honeycomb inspired look? If the answer to that yes, then you’ll love this new theme that has come out.
XDA Senior Member vicino has released the JELLYBEAN – Honeycomb theme for the Galaxy Nexus for use with CM10 based ROMs. Needless to say, it’s a stunning theme as you’ll see in the screenshots below, that will be a refreshing visual change, as the theme themes almost every element of the interface for a full Honeycomb look.
NOTE: The theme needs to be flashed from recovery and is tested with the AndroidME CM10 ROM, but should work well with other CM10 based ROMs for the Galaxy Nexus, though it is best to make a backup before trying the theme out on any other ROM than AndroidME.
Read on for the instructions on how the theme can be flashed on the Galaxy Nexus.
How to Install JELLYBEAN – Honeycomb Theme on Galaxy Nexus on CM10 ROMs
- Make sure you are on a CM10 ROM on your Galaxy Nexus, preferably AndroidME ROM.
- Download the theme package from its official XDA page.
- Copy the downloaded file to the SD card.
- Turn off the phone and boot into ClockworkMod recovery. To do this, press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons together till the screen turns on. Then, scroll to the Restart Recovery option using the volume buttons, then select it using the Power button to restart in recovery.
- Perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if the theme doesn’t work. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore –> On the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the theme file on the sdcard and select it. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The theme will start installing.
- After the theme is installed, select Go back then select reboot system now to reboot the phone, which will now boot into a Honeycomb themed ROM.
- What to do if phone doesn’t boot up: If your phone gets stuck at booting for more than 5 minutes, it means the theme may not be compatible with your ROM. In this case, remove and reinsert the phone’s battery. Then, boot into CWM recovery (as explained in step 4). Then select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list. After restore is complete, you can reboot the phone which will now boot into the ROM before you applied the theme.
The Honeycomb theme is now installed on your Galaxy Nexus. Enjoy!