ClockworkMod Touch Recovery for AT&T Galaxy Note [Guide]
ClockworkMod Touch recovery is the touch-enabled version of Clockworkmod recovery, that lets you browse recovery by simply using the touchscreen, instead of having to use the volume buttons. If you install custom ROMs regularly, then CWM Touch recovery will be very handy for you, and this guide will help you install it on your AT&T Galaxy Note.
Important! Flashing this recovery will void your warranty and will show you a yellow triangle at the first screen every time you turn on your phone, which is a method Samsung uses to find out whether you have played around with the device. So make sure you are okay with that before going ahead with the procedure.
Read on to find out how ClockworkMod Touch recovery can be installed on the AT&T Galaxy Note.
This firmware and the guide below is compatible only and only with AT&T Galaxy Note, SGH-i717. It’s not compatible with any other device, including international version N7000. Check your device’s model number in Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
How to Install ClockworkMod Touch Recovery on AT&T Galaxy Note
- Make sure you have the drivers for the phone installed on your computer. You can download them here.
- Download the latest version of CWM Touch recovery from the official development page. Remember to download the ODIN version of recovery. After downloading, you will get a .tar/.md5 file.
- Download ODIN.
Odin Link | Filename: Odin3 v1.83.exe
- Open Odin by double-clicking the Odin3 v1.83.exe file downloaded in step 3.
- Now, put the Galaxy Note in Download Mode — press and hold these keys together: Volume Down + Power. You’ll get a ‘Warning!‘ screen.. press Volume up to continue to enter download mode. Then, connect the phone to the computer.
- After connecting phone to computer, you should get an Added!! message in Odin and the first box should say something like “0:[COM#]” (where # can be any number).
- Click the PDA button in Odin, then browse to and select the .tar/.md5 file you downloaded in step 2.
- Important! Do not make any other changes in Odin. Just select the .tar/.md5 file in PDA and that’s it.
- Click Start to start the flashing process. After flashing is complete, the phone will reboot automatically, and you’ll get a PASS message in Odin. You can now disconnect the phone from the computer.
IMPORTANT Note: If ODIN gets stuck and doesn’t seem to be doing anything, or you get a FAIL message (with red background) in ODIN, disconnect the phone from the PC, close ODIN, remove battery, re-insert it, turn phone on in Download mode again, and do the procedure again from Step 4.
- If you encounter any problems, let us know and we’ll help you out.
ClockworkMod Touch recovery is now installed on your AT&T Galaxy Note. Let us know how it works for you, in the comments below.