Tired of all the volume and power buttons mashing on your T-Mobile Galaxy S2 T989 while using clockworkmod (CWM) recovery? Then the touch-enabled clockworkmod recovery is exactly what you need so you don’t have to use those hardware buttons in recovery anymore.
This tutorial will guide you through the process of installing the CWM Touch recovery on your T-Mobile Galaxy S2, with detailed step-by-step instructions. So, read on to find out the full procedure.
This ROM and the guide below are compatible only and only with the T-Mobile Galaxy S2, model number SGH-T989. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device’s model number in Settings» About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
How to Install Clockworkmod Touch Recovery on T-Mobile Galaxy S2
- Make sure you have the phone drivers installed on the computer. If not, download and install them from the link below.
- Download the Clockworkmod touch recovery file.
Download Link | Filename: recovery.tar.md5
- Download Odin which will be used to flash the recovery on your phone.
Download Link | Filename: Odin3 v1.83.exe
- Open Odin by double-clicking the Odin3 v1.83.exe file downloaded in step 3.
- Switch off your phone. Then, boot into download mode. To do this, turn off your phone. Plug in your USB cable to the computer, but not to the phone. Then, holding the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons on the phone, plug in the USB cable to the phone while holding those buttons. Once the Download mode screen shows up, let go of the buttons.
- After you connect the phone in download mode, you’ll notice Added!! message in Odin’s message box in the bottom left. If you don’t get the message, check that the drivers are properly installed and start from step 4 again.
- Now, in Odin, click the PDA button and select the .md5 file you got in step 2 — recovery.tar.md5.
- Important! Do not touch any other button or make any other changes in Odin except selecting the required file as given in step 7.
- Click the Start button in Odin to flash the Clockworkmod Touch recovery on your phone.
- After the recovery is installed, the phone will restart automatically. When you see PASS written in top left box in Odin, you can disconnect the phone from the computer. IMPORTANT Note: If ODIN gets stuck at some stage and doesn’t seem to be doing anything, do this — disconnect the phone from the PC, close ODIN, remove battery, re-insert it, turn phone on in Download mode again, and do the procedure again from Step 4. Same if you get a FAIL message in Odin.
- That’s it. If you run into any problems, let us know and we’ll help you out.
The Clockworkmod Touch recovery is now installed on your T-Mobile Galaxy S2 T989. Share your thoughts on how it works for you, in the comments below.