- 1.CLOCKWORKMOD (CWM) RECOVERY INFO
- 2. WARNING!
- 3. GUIDE: CLOCKWORKMOD (CWM) RECOVERY ON SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 MINI GT-I8190
CLOCKWORKMOD (CWM) RECOVERY INFO
Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page.
You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
GUIDE: CLOCKWORKMOD (CWM) RECOVERY ON SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 MINI GT-I8190
Before you begin with guide instructions below, make sure your android device is adequately charged — at least 50% battery of the device.
STEP 0: CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
To make sure your device is eligible with this, you must first confirm its model no. in ‘About device’ option under Settings. Another way to confirm model no. is by looking for it on the packaging box of your device. It must be GT-I8190!
Do not use the procedures discussed here on any other device of Samsung or any other company. You have been warned!
STEP 1: BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
Back up important data and stuff before you start playing around here as there are chances you might lose your apps and app-data (app settings, game progress, etc.), and in rare case, files on the internal memory, too.
For help on Backup and Restore, check out our exclusive page on that linked right below.
STEP 2: INSTALL LATEST DRIVER
You must have proper and working driver installed on your windows computer to be able to successfully flash ClockworkMod Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini. In case you’re not sure, follow the link below for a definitive guide for installing driver for your Galaxy S3 Mini on your computer.
STEP 3: INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Both Touch and Non-Touch versions of CWM Recovery are given. Download the Odin zip file and ClockworkMod (Touch or Non-Touch) tar file and transfer both files to a separate folder on your computer just to keep things tidy.
ODIN ZIP FILE
DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: Latest Odin3 v3.09.zip (951 KB)
CLOCKWORKMOD TOUCH TAR FILE
DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: i8190_CWM-touch-126.96.36.199.tar (6.27 MB)
CLOCKWORKMOD NON-TOUCH TAR FILE
DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: i8190_CWM-188.8.131.52.tar (6.26 MB)
For latest version of the recovery, check the original page →
Example video: If you haven’t used Odin before to install a recovery file or anything else, then we suggest you first watch a video of that to get familiar with the process. The video demonstrates flashing of CWM Recovery on Galaxy S3, but since the procedure is same, the video will help: Click here to watch the video
Important Note: Backup important files stored on internal SD card of your device, so that in case a situation arises requiring you to do a factory reset after flashing ClockworkMod Recovery, which might delete internal sd card too, your files will remain safe on PC.
- Extract/Unzip the Odin zip file, Latest Odin3 v3.09.zip on your computer (using 7-zip free software, preferably) to get this file: Odin3 v3.09.exe
- Move the ClockworkMod file i8190_CWM-touch-184.108.40.206.tar OR i8190_CWM-220.127.116.11.tar, in the same folder in which you extracted Latest Odin3 v3.09.zip (Just for your convenience, that is). So, now you’ll have the following files in that folder:
- Odin3 v3.09.exe
- i8190_CWM-touch-18.104.22.168.tar OR i8190_CWM-22.214.171.124.tar
- Disconnect the Galaxy S3 Mini from PC if it is connected.
- Double-click the Odin3 v3.09.exe file to open Odin.
- Boot your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini into Download Mode:
- Connect your Galaxy S3 Mini to PC. Odin window will show an Added!! message in bottom left box. Odin’s screen would look like this:
If you don’t get the Added! message, here are some troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure you have installed driver for Galaxy S3 Mini as said above in ‘Before you begin..’ section.
- If you have already installed driver, then uninstall them and re-install back.
- Connect using a different USB port on your PC.
- Try a different USB cable. The original cable that came with your phone should work best, if not, try any other cable that’s new and of good quality.
- Reboot phone and PC and then try again.
- Load the recovery file (extracted in Step 1) into Odin as instructed below:
- Now in the Option section of Odin, make sure that Re-Partition box is unchecked. (Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes remain checked, while all other boxes remain unchecked.)
- Double check the above two steps.
- Click the Start button to begin flashing ClockworkMod Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190, and wait until you see a PASS! message in Odin’s top left box.
- When you get PASS/RESET message, your phone will restart automatically. You can then disconnect your phone from PC.
- ClockworkMod Recovery has installed successfully on your S3 Mini. To boot your Galaxy S3 Mini into Recovery Mode:
- Power off your phone first and wait for 6-7 seconds after display is off.
- Press and hold these 3 buttons together: Volume Up + Power + Home.
If you see FAIL message instead of the PASS/RESET in Odin’s top left box, that’s a problem. Try this now: disconnect your Galaxy S3 Mini from PC, close and re-open Odin and follow again from Step 7 and in Step 9, make sure auto-reboot is unchecked and continue through the process as it is.
It was easy to install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, right? Let us know how you plan to use it in comments below.
Your suggestions and queries, if any, are most welcomed!