- 1.CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY INFO
- 2. WARNING!
- 3. GUIDE: CLOCKWORKMOD (CWM) RECOVERY ON ASUS TRANSFORMER PAD TF701T
CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY INFO
Android 4.4.x and below
Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page.
You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
GUIDE: CLOCKWORKMOD (CWM) RECOVERY ON ASUS TRANSFORMER PAD TF701T
Before you begin with guide instructions below, make sure your android device is adequately charged — at least 50% battery of the device.
STEP 0: CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
To make sure your device is eligible with this, you must first confirm its model no. in ‘About device’ option under Settings. Another way to confirm model no. is by looking for it on the packaging box of your device. It must be TF701T!
Do not use the procedures discussed here on any other device of Asus or any other company. You have been warned!
STEP 1: BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
Back up important data and stuff before you start playing around here as there are chances you might lose your apps and app-data (app settings, game progress, etc.), and in rare case, files on the internal memory, too.
For help on Backup and Restore, check out our exclusive page on that linked right below.
STEP 2: INSTALL LATEST DRIVER
You must have proper and working driver installed on your windows computer to be able to successfully flash ClockworkMod Recovery on your Asus Transformer Pad.
STEP 3: UNLOCK BOOTLOADER
Skip this step if your device is already bootloader unlocked.
Use must first unlock the bootloader on your Transformer before proceeding with the guide below. Without unlocking the bootloader you won’t be able to use fastboot commands to flash the recovery on your device.
STEP 4: INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Download the CWM one click installer zip file given below. Transfer the installer zip file to a separate folder on your computer just to keep things tidy.
ONE CLICK CWM INSTALLER
DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: asus-transformer-pad-tf701t-cwm.zip (11.5 MB)
Important Note: Backup important files stored on internal SD card of your device, so that in case a situation arises requiring you to do a factory reset after flashing ClockworkMod Recovery, which might delete internal sd card too, your files will remain safe on PC.
- Prepare your tablet:
- Enable developer options: Go to your tablet’s Settings » select About tablet » Scroll to the bottom and tap on “Build number” seven times to enable developer options.
- Enable USB Debugging: Open tablet’s Settings » select Developer options » Tick the “USB debugging” check-box (under Debugging section).
- Connect your tablet to PC with a USB cable and if a pop-up screen shows up on tablet asking you to Allow USB debugging for the computer, make sure you tick the checkbox and tap OK.
- Extract the installer file asus-transformer-pad-tf701t-cwm.zip (using 7-zip free software, preferably). You’ll get the following files, and one folder:
- api (folder)
- Double-click/Run the ‘1-click-cwm-recovery-installer.bat’ file and follow the simple on-screen instructions like ‘Press any key to continue..’ to install CWM recovery on your Transformer Pad.
- Once the CWM recovery is flashed successfully on your Asus Transformer Pad, your device will reboot automatically into your newly flashed CWM Recovery.
└Note: In case the script gets stuck on < waiting for device > (see image below) for more than a minute or so, then it means you don’t have proper drivers installed on your computer for your Transformer Pad. Follow the drivers installation guide provided above for troubleshooting driver and other connectivity issues.
That’s all! You have successfully flashed ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery on your Asus Transformer Pad TF701T. It was easy to install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Asus Transformer Pad, right? Let us know how you plan to use it in comments below.
Your suggestions and queries, if any, are most welcomed!