One of the most touted features in the latest Android phones from HTC is undoubtedly Beats Audio™ that provides better and improved sound, coupled with special Beats headphones. Of course, the modding community couldn’t stand by and watch while the HTC phones reaped the benefits of Beats Audio, so they went looking for ways to port it over to other devices. They succeeded in putting it on a few other devices, and now you can experience Beats Audio on your Galaxy S2 i9100, thanks to XDA modder bududroid.
Bear in mind though that the Beats Audio mod can only be installed on Ice Cream Sandwich ROMs, so don’t try it on Gingerbread ROMs. Also, the improvements will be more noticeable if you use high-end headphones instead of normal ones.
Let’s take a look at how the Beats Audio mod can be installed on your Galaxy S2 i9100.
This mod and the guide below are compatible only and only with the Samsung Galaxy S2, model number i9100. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know exactly what you are doing. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
- A Galaxy S2 running an Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 ROM and ClockworkMod recovery (CWM) installed.
How to Install Beats Audio on Galaxy S2
- Download the Beats Audio package from the original post on XDA.
- Copy the downloaded zip file from step 1 to the internal SD card on the phone.
- Turn off the phone and boot into Clockworkmod recovery. For this, press and hold these 3 buttons together until the screen turns on: Volume UP+Home+Power. Phone will boot into CWM recovery. Use volume keys to scroll up and down between options and power/home key to select an option.
- Now select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the zip file you transferred to the sd card in step 2 and select it. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The mod will start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select go back then select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
The Beats Audio mod is now installed on your Galaxy S2 i9100. Do listen to some audio on the phone with your headphones and let us know whether you notice any improvements in sound, in the comments below.