AT&T One X Update 2.23.707.2 Available as ROM — Fully Stock and Rooted
AT&T One X is now receiving the 2.23.707.2 update officially, which brings the device’s OS version up to Android 4.0.4, resulting in performance and stability enhancements compared to Android 4.0.3. XDA Recognized Developer scrosler has released the update in the form of a ROM, which is completely unmodified except for being rooted and can be flashed manually from recovery for those who don’t wish to wait for the update to hit their device over the air.
NOTE: This guide requires you to unlock the bootloader on your AT&T One X, which voids warranty and is not officially supported by AT&T. If you’re uncomfortable with that, it’s best to wait for the official update to arrive for your device over the air.
Let’s take a look at how the Android 4.0.4 2.23.707.2 update can be installed manually on the AT&T One X.
This guide is applicable only for AT&T One X. DO NOT try this on any other device.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
How to Install 2.23.707.2 Android 4.0.4 Update on AT&T One X
- Make sure bootloader on your device is unlocked. Use the bootloader unlock method here to do so.
- Install ClockworkMod recovery on your phone by following the guide → here.
- Download the ROM from the links below (click on the Download button on the top right on the download page). The ODEX version is preferred if you are on a completely stock ROM, while the DE-ODEX version is useful if you plan on flashing custom themes on the device later.
- Download the APN file, which is needed to install the internet APN settings on the update.
Download APN | Filename: ATT APN.zip
- Copy the two downloaded zip files to the SD card on the phone.
- Switch off the phone. Boot into the bootloader mode first by holding the Volume Down button while powering on the phone. Then, using the volume buttons, highlight RECOVERY then select it using the power button to boot into CWM recovery.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the ROM file on the SD card and select it. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM will start installing.
- After ROM installation completes, select choose zip from sdcard again, then select the ATT APN.zip file to install the internet settings.
- After the installation of the APN file is complete, select Go back then select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
The 2.23.707.2 Android 4.0.4 update is now installed on your AT&T One X. Let us know how it works!