Good news AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge users! The Android 5.0.2 firmware G925AUCU2AOF3 for your device is now available is .TAR format, directly flashable to device using Odin PC software. If you were unable to take OTA update to OF3, this is for you — just download the full firmware and install it using the guide below, and your device shall be updated to OF3.
This is also plenty helpful if you have soft-bricked your device. Like, if it’s bootlooping, stuck at boot logo or animation, and such. In this case, install the OF3 update shared here. But do note that installing the update using Odin will restore your device to stock condition, meaning, this will unroot your Galaxy S6 Edge if you have rooted it. Further custom recovery and ROM will be uninstalled too, if you had any. If you love root, don’t update to OF3 as root access ain’t available yet on this build! Thanks to Sunderwear a lot for sharing this, it’s his incredible work!
How to update AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge to Android 5.0.2 OF3 firmware G925AUCU2AOF3
- OF3 firmware — Direct Link | Mega Link | File: G925AUCU2AOF3_User_Binary.zip (1.7 GB)
- Odin PC software | File: Odin3_v3.10.6.zip (1.6 MB)
- SAMSUNG GALAXY S6, model no. SM-G925A
- Don’t try this on any other Galaxy S6 device than the model no. SM-G925A
- Don’t try on any other device whatsoever!
Disclaimer: Installing an official firmware through Odin doesn’t void your device’s warranty, but it remains an unofficial process and thus you need to be cautious of it. In any case, you only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Backup important files stored on your device before proceeding with the steps below, so that in case something goes wrong you’ll have backup of all your important files. Sometimes, Odin installation may delete everything on your device!
Step 1. Download the Odin software and firmware file from above.
Step 2. Install Galaxy S6 driver (method 1 there!) first of all. Double click the .exe file of drivers to begin installation. (Not required if you have already done this.)
Step 3. Extract the firmware file (G925AUCU2AOF3_User_Binary.zip) now. You can use a free software like 7-zip for this. Install 7-zip, then right click on firmware file and under 7-zip, select ‘Extract here’. You should get the 4 files in .tar.md5 format now. We will be loading these files into Odin, to be installed on your device (in step 9 below).
Step 4. Extract the Odin file. You should get this file, Odin3 v3.10.6.exe (other files could be hidden, hence not visible).
Step 5. Disconnect your Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925A from PC if it is connected.
Step 6. Boot S6 Edge into download mode:
- Power off your S6 Edge. Wait 6-7 seconds after screen goes off.
- Press and hold the three buttons Volume down + Power + Home together until you see warning screen.
- Press Volume Up to continue to download mode.
Step 8. Connect your Galaxy S6 to PC now using USB cable. Odin should recognize your device. It’s a must. When it recognizes, you will see Added!! message appearing in the Log box in bottom left, and the first box under ID:COM will also show a no. and turn its background blue. Look at the pic below.
- You cannot proceed until you get the Added!! message, which confirms that Odin has recognized your device.
- If you don’t get Added!! message, you need to install/re-install drivers again, and use the original cable that came with device. Mostly, drivers are the problem (look at step 2 above).
- You can try different USB ports on your PC too.
Step 9. Load the firmware files into Odin (that you got in step 3 above). Click the tab mentioned below and then select the file mentioned for that tab from the pop-up window you get.
- Click AP button and select AP_G925AUCU2AOF3_CL4823236_QB5348704_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
- Click BL button and select BL_G925AUCU2AOF3_CL4823236_QB5348704_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
- Click CP button and select CP_G925AUCU2AOF3_CL4823236_QB5348704_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
- Click CSC button and select CSC_ATT_G925AATT2AOF3_CL4823236_QB5348704_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
- Info: When you load files, Odin checks the md5 of firmware file, which takes time. So, simply wait until that’s done and the firmware file is loaded. Don’t worry if Odin gets unresponsive for a while, it’s normal. Binary size will also show up in Odin. (The screenshot below shows only AP tab with file loaded, you need to load files into 4 tabs.
Step 11. Click the Start button on Odin now to start flashing the firmware on your Galaxy S6. Wait till installation is finished, after which your S6 will reboot automatically. You’ll get PASS message as shown below upon successful installation from Odin.
- If Odin gets stuck at setup connection, then you need to do steps 6 to 11 again. For this, close Odin, disconnect your S6 Edge and then start from step 6 again.
- Or, if you get FAIL in the top left box, you need to try flashing again, as stated just above.
Step 12. First start of the device may take time, so wait patiently again. Check the Settings > About phone to confirm new firmware.
That’s it. Enjoy the AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge on OF3 firmware based on Android 5.0.2!