Looks like AT&T is looking to set itself free from all of its Lollipop update burden this week. The carrier rolled out Lollipop update to Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Alpha and LG G2 yesterday and now it’s rolling out the update for Galaxy S5 Active.
The AT&T Galaxy S5 Active lollipop update is being pushed as an OTA right now and it weighs around 1.4 GB. The update is coming with build number LRX21T.G870AUCU1BOC5 and Android version 5.0, not 5.0.2.
Although you will receive the update notification automatically on your Galaxy S5 Active, but if you don’t want to wait, you can always force check for an OTA update from by going to your phone’s “Settings » More » About device » Software update » Check for updates”.
Here’s the official changelog from AT&T for the update:
- Songs, photos, apps, and even recent searches from one Android device can be immediately enjoyed across all of your Android devices.
- New User Interface look and feel, more fluid motions
- Priority mode to only allow certain notifications to get through
- Battery saving features and remaining time left to charge or deplete indicators
- Smart Lock to secure phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like a wearable or car
- Most frequently used settings available with just two swipes down from the top screen