Finally some good news for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Mega (SGH-i527) users, the 4.4.2 KitKat update is rolling out in the form of OTA update. The update will roll out effective from June 11, 2014 and the main changes in the update are the IPv6 support and the KitKat 4.4.2 Update. The update brings your device to the build number KOT49H.I527UCUBNE7 and is available to download in the form of OTA update via a WiFi connection.
The Update brings the IPv6 support to the Galaxy Mega and comes with Beats Music and ISIS wallet applications preloaded. The ISIS app allows you to carry on the NFC based mobile payments. Some OS integrated features like the Cloud printing, immersive mode, integrated cloud storage, and unified location settings are bundled in the package. A camera shortcut is placed at the lower right corner of the lock-screen for easy access.
Few other features that are included in the OTA update are:
- AT&T Drive Mode is changed to Drive Mode
- HCE Enabled
- On-device memory status and profiling
- User can set preferred Network & Automatic in security policy update
- Home and Message application default option
- GMS applications update (GMS 4.4.2_r2).
- Video player closed captioning
- Additional application and settings options
The Update is easy to install, all you have to do is to check for the OTA update and install it. But if you’re new to the update process, here is a simple tutorial on how to update your Galaxy Mega through OTA update.
NOTE: It is always recommended to backup the entire SD card and internal storage in case of any hassles through the update process.
- Make sure that your device is sufficiently charged to withstand the whole process. A full charge is always recommended during an OTA update.
- Select the Settings application from the app drawer.
- Select the More tab in top right corner of your settings menu.
- Select About Device and then the Software Update option and follow the subsequent prompts.
- Once the update is finished, you can verify the update from the About device menu in the More tab.