ARCHOS has launched their latest Android tablet in Europe, the 10.1-inch 101 XS, which “combines strength and elegance in a 8 mm (0.31’’) body” thanks to their patented construction technology. It is also powered by a very capable 1.5GHz dual-core OMAP 4470 processor with the powerful PowerVR™ SGX544 GPU and comes with Android 4.0.3 out of the box (with an Android 4.1 update scheduled for Q4).
The 101 XS also features a “Magnetic Coverboard” that protects the tablet when not in use, includes a QWERTY keyboard, a kickstand, as well as allows docking of the tablet. The ARCHOS 101 XS packs some nifty specs and features for sure, including support for 128GB microSD cards, something that isn’t very common.
Here are the official specs:
- Dual-core OMAP4470 processor @ 1.5GHz (ARM® Cortex™-A9) with a PowerVR™ SGX544 GPU
- 1GB RAM
- Flash Memory: 16GB + micro SD Slot (compatible up to 128GB)
- 10.1″ 1280 x 800 display
- 720p front camera with 720p encoding
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, G-Sensor, mini HDMI output, microUSB 2.0
- Lithium Polymer battery
- Music playback time: up to 40 hrs
- Video playback time: up to 7 hrs
- Internet navigation time: up to 10 hrs
- Android 4.0.3 “Ice Cream Sandwich” upgradable to 4.1 in Q4 2012
The ARCHOS 101 XS is priced at £300 and is currently available in Europe. Hit the link below to order the 101 XS from ARCHOS’s official website.