After a long wait, the official music player of CyanogenMod 9 (CM9) has been unleashed. Called Apollo, the CM9 music player app has a really beautiful interface that makes it a joy to use. Along with all the features that a music player should have, Apollo also supports themes which you can use to personalize your experience.
Apollo has already been integrated into the latest CM9 ROM builds, but in case you aren’t using CM9 on your device, you can download the installation APK file and use it on any other ROM. Note that the music player will only run on Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 ROMs.
Read on to find out how you can install Apollo CM9 music player app on your Android device.
How to Install Apollo CM9 Music Player
- Make sure your device is running on an Android 4.0 ROM (check under Settings » About).
- Download the APK file of the CM9 music player from → here.
- Copy the downloaded .apk file to your device.
- You’ll need a file manager to browse through SD Card. If you don’t have one already, use ASTRO File Manager (install for free from your current Google Play Store/Android Market app).
- Enable “Unknown sources” under Settings » Security on the device, so that you can install applications from SD Card.
- Open file manager app and go directly to where you transferred the APK file in Step 3.
- Find and tap on the file to begin installation procedure and it will be installed in less than a minute.
You can now enjoy listening to your music using Apollo, the official CM9 music player app. Let us know how it works for you, in the comments below.