The Sprint Galaxy Nexus has received a port of AOKP ROM from the international Galaxy Nexus. Based on the latest build 40, AOKP brings faster performance along with a vast array of customization options, making it one of the best custom ROMs around. Called Clean AOKP, this ROM is also manually themed for a better visual look, by XDA Senior Member costygsm2, while it also contains some of the apps from the Galaxy S3, such as its launcher and sounds.
Here are the full features of the ROM:
- Mifileexplorer 3.0.4
- inverted apps
- black and blue theme
- S3 TW5 launcher
- S3 Wheater
- S3 sounds
- jellybean animation
- V6 supercharger in services.jar
Read on to find out how you can install AOKP Build 40 on the Sprint Galaxy Nexus.
This ROM and the guide below are compatible only and only with the Sprint Galaxy Nexus. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
How to Install AOKP Build 40 ROM on Sprint Galaxy Nexus
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
Important! Don’t forget to at least make a backup of your APN settings, which you can restore later if your data connection does not work after installing the ROM. Use the backup guide to find out how.
- Make sure the bootloader on your phone is unlocked. You can use this guide on how to do it (external link).
- Install the Touch Clockworkmod recovery on your phone by following the guide → here. Don’t try this procedure with any other recovery.
- Download the latest version of the ROM from the official development page.
- Copy the zip file downloaded in step 4 to the SD card on the phone.
- Boot into CWM recovery. To do this, turn off the phone. Then, press and hold the following keys together: Power + Volume Up and Down to enter Fastboot mode. Then, using the volume buttons, navigate to the Recovery mode option, then select it using the Power button to reboot into recovery mode. In recovery, simply touch the icons to select them.
- Select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm. Wait a while till the data wipe is complete.
- Then, select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the ROM file on the sdcard and select it.
- Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM will start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select Go back then select reboot system now to reboot the phone and boot up into AOKP ROM. The first boot will take some time, up to 5 minutes, so be patient.
AOKP Build 40 is now installed and running on your Sprint Galaxy Nexus. Share your thoughts on the ROM in the comments below.