With a development speed that seems to be unmatched by other AOSP projects, AOKP is one of the best custom ROMs out there, that gives you a stock Android 4.0 experience on various devices, along with more customization and tweaking options than one could handle. Official and unofficial AOKP ROMs are available for a lot of Android devices out there.
Build 32 of AOKP has now been released for all the officially supported devices and like previous builds, brings along a lot of fixes and new features to the table. Unofficial ports for unsupported devices will of course soon follow as the development community sets its wheels into motion.
Here’s a look at a few of the new features that have been added:
- Camera: Pinch and Volume Zoom
- General UI: Customizable rotation delay is back!
- Lockscreen/NavBar: Allow shortcuts to specify their own icons
- NavBar: Allow tablets to use “hide NavBar” feature
- NavBar: Custom NavBar is now available for tablets as well!
- Quiet Hours: Configure the hours your device should be quiet and/or still
- Statusbar: Added ability to WeatherPanel to start a custom app
- Statusbar: Added ability to hide signal bars
- Statusbar: Customizable icon transparency
So, if you have a device officially supported by AOKP, head over to the official AOKP Build 32 page on RootzWiki to get detailed information and to start downloading build 32 for your phone. Do share your thoughts on how it works on your phone, in the comments below.