December 7, 2013: Latest version of the Google Play Store is 4.5.10 now. Get it at the link below.
It brings new features such as: activity feed of your Google plus pals which shows apps and games +1′ed by them, new ratings and review style, circled icons for Google+ profile pics, etc.
Update (July 24, 2013): Get the latest Google Play APK v4.2.3 from here. It was leaked through a system dump of Android 4.3 for Nexus 4.
Update (December 14, 2012): The latest Google Play Store app right now is version 3.10.10, a very marginal update over previous version, 3.10.9, link of which is below. Download the Google Play 3.10.10 from here.
Update (November 18, 2012): Google Play Store updated to version 3.10.9. Download from here.
Google has just updated the Android Market to version 3.4.4. A few changes have been made, here’s a list of what I found so far:
- Added free songs of the week
- Auto-add shortcuts removed from the settings, and replaced by Auto-add widgets feature which will automatically add Home screen widgets for new apps (let’s see how it goes..)
- New App drawer icon for Market
- Minor UI tweak ─ the green line below the top things stuff (Top Paid, Top Free, Top Grossing….) removed.
The update will slowly roll out for everyone, but if you want it just now ─ here’s the APK file for you to manually download and install the new Market v3.4.4 on your Android device.
Download Android Market v3.4.4 APK file
Download the latest Android Market update apk → link here.
How to install the new Market v3.4.4 APK file
Installing the update manually is simple. You don’t have to root your phone or mess with adb, just download & transfer the apk file given above to your phone’s SD Card and install using a file manager (don’t forget check the “Unknown sources” check box under Applications settings)
For the newbies, here’s a detailed step by step guide:
- Download the APK file of new market → from here.
- If you downloaded it on PC, transfer it to phone.
- You’ll need a file manager to browse through SD Card. If you don’t have one already, use this file manager (install for free from market).
- Enable “Unknown sources” under settings » Applications, so that you can install applications from SD Card.
- Open file manager app and go to directly where you transferred the apk file in Step 2.
- Find and tap on the file to install.
- That’s it.