Only few days before, Samsung started rolling out the Android 4.3 update for its flagship device, the Galaxy S4, with both of the International models, GT-I9500 (LTE) and GT-I9505, receiving the updates.
So, it was only expected the regions left uncovered by the previous update were about to get the XXUEMJ5 build no, which brings Android 4.3 and other cool improvements, including support for Galaxy Gear!
Now, we can confirm that the Android 4.3 for Galaxy S4 LTE, GT-I9505, is already underway in:
- Singapore (Open, plus Singtel and StarHub)
- Phillipines (at Smart)
So, the Galaxy S4 users in Asia have got their deal of the Android 4.3 Update from Samsung now.
If you are residing in any of the countries mentioned above, then you must get the notification to update real soon. You can also force your phone to check for an update in Settings » About device » Software Update » tap on Update.
Get the Android 4.3 Update Yourself!
If you are a user of Galaxy S4 and your patience is running out for the Android 4.3 Update from Samsung, you can manually install it using our guides below:
That’s it. Users of GT-I9500, Exynos processor powered Galaxy S4, should receive the update too very soon, if they haven’t got it yet in their region. Or they can install it using the guide linked above.
New Features in XXUEMJ5 Update:
- Android 4.3 OS Update
- Support for Galaxy Gear
- Performance boost with Android 4.3 TRIM support and improved RAM management
- Samsung Knox implementation
- Improved color reproduction for more sharper display
- New Samsung Keyboard
- New Samsung browser
- New camera firmware
- UI tweaks for several apps, widgets and dialog boxes
- Improved TouchWiz launcher with lesser lag and launcher redraws
- New Reading mode feature which optimizes display for reading
- Samsung Wallet (pre-installed)
- ANT+ Support