Samsung’s update department is in full swing these days!
The mass rollout of the Android 4.3 update, firmware I9500XXUEMJ8, for the Exynos edition of the international Galaxy S4, GT-I9500, has begun today, after we’d already a sightly older firmware (I9500XXUEMJ5) released earlier.
The XXUEMJ8 build, which is releasing today across the globe, is a newer one, the build date being, October 21, 2013. While that of the one leaked earlier is October 15, 2013.
Regions we think got covered today are: India (2 firmwares!), Bangladesh, Russia, Nepal, United Arab Emirates, Trinidad and Tobago, etc.
Only few days ago, Samsung initiated the updates for the Snapdragon processor powered international Galaxy S4 sets, GT-I9505, in Asia.
But it’s not a game on only for international S4 device, the Android 4.3 updates has leaked on various other Samsung devices: AT&T Galaxy S4. AT&T Galaxy S3, international Galaxy Note 2, etc. and official release of the update for these device is near — November end and December beginning.
New Features in Android 4.3 Update
- Android 4.3 OS Update
- Support for Galaxy Gear
- Performance boost with Android 4.3 TRIM support and improved RAM management
- Samsung Knox implementation (Samsung’s advanced security measure!)
- Improved color reproduction for more sharper display
- New Samsung Keyboard
- New Samsung browser
- New camera firmware
- UI tweaks for several apps, widgets and dialog boxes
- Improved TouchWiz launcher with lesser lag and launcher redraws
- New Reading mode feature which optimizes display for reading
- Samsung Wallet (pre-installed)
- ANT+ Support
How to get the Update?
If you haven’t got it already, try this: go to Settings – More – About device – Software update, and tap Update to check for updates.
Otherwise, download Samsung’s Kies software, install it and then try it to update.
You can also install it manually, all by yourself, without any help from Samsung, and without any waiting!
If you face any trouble, do let us know.