Ice Cream Sandwich has been making its way unofficially onto many devices, thanks to the hard-working devs that work around the clock to get the latest updates out to the community. The T-Mobile G2x is the latest one to be added to the list. Meet Eaglesblood ICS, a ROM based on Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0, that brings ICS to your G2x so you can get your Ice Cream Sandwich fix without waiting for the official release.
Based on Cyanogenmod (CM) sources, the Eaglesblood ICS ROM brings you Android 4.0 along with the well-known CM performance and customization. And as always, we have a handy guide to help you flash this ROM.
Read on to find out how to get Eaglesblood ICS ROM on your T-Mobile G2x.
This ROM and the guide below is compatible only and only with the T-Mobile G2x, model number P999. It’s not compatible with any other device and may render an incompatible device unusable. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know exactly what you are doing. If any damage occurs to you or your device, including a bricked, non-functional device, we won’t be held liable. You have been forewarned!
Developer → doniqcc
- Based off the Unofficial CM9 source
- Eaglesblood Performance/Tweaks/Scripts
- Fully optimized
- Smoother/Faster UI
- Ext4 tune-up
- Eaglesblood Boot Animation
- Rooted T-Mobile G2x with Clockworkmod Recovery installed.
- Sufficiently charged battery, at least 50% is recommended.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
How to Install Eaglesblood ICS ROM on T-Mobile G2x
- Download the latest version of the ROM from the original development page.
- Download the Google Apps package (this is required since the ROM itself doesn’t contain Google apps like Market, Talk, etc).
Download Link | Filename: gapps-ics-20120215-signed.zip
- Transfer the zip files downloaded in step 1 and step 2 to the root of the external micro SD card on your phone.
- Turn off your phone and wait for complete shutdown.
- Boot into Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery. Hold Volume Down & the Power button until the device boots to the recovery. In recovery, use Volume buttons to navigate and the Power button to select.
- Now, perform a full wipe:
- Select “wipe data/factory reset”, then select “Yes” on next screen to confirm data wipe (will NOT wipe your SD card). Wait for wipe to complete.
- Select “advanced”, then select “wipe dalvik cache”, then select “Yes” to confirm. Then, select “go back” to go back to the main recovery menu.
- Now, select “Install zip from ‘External SD Card’”.
- Scroll to the ROM file you transferred in step 2 and select it. Select “Yes –Install *rom_name*.zip” on the next screen to confirm installation.
- After the ROM finishes installing, again select “Install zip from ‘External SD Card’”, then scroll to the Google apps package file you downloaded in step 2. Select “Yes – Install gapps-ics-20120215-signed.zip” on the next screen to confirm installation of the Google apps.
- After the installation is complete, select “go back” then select “reboot system now” to reboot the phone and boot up into Eaglesblood ICS ROM.
That’s it. Enjoy Ice Cream Sandwich on your T-Mobile G2x with Eaglesblood ICS ROM. Follow the development page to get the latest updates on the ROM. Share your thoughts on this ROM in the comments.