Android 4.0 Based MIUI Custom ROM for International Galaxy S3
RomAur is the latest Ice Cream Sandwich offering from XDA member auras76. It’s Based on official MIUI built 2.8.31. It includes Xloud engine for better sound quality and the bravia engine which enhances your super AMOLED display even more.
MIUI is a custom ROM with a unique interface and with other features such as an intuitive status bar, its own home-brewed apps such as a home launcher, music, contacts, messages etc, privacy protection, inbuilt themes manager (with scores of fan-made themes available), and further under the hood tweaks for one of the best and unique experiences on Android.
Keep in mind that this is not an official Samsung ROM. It’s a custom ROM that is under development and may have a few bugs and issues, and some things may not work properly and some stock Samsung ROM features (like FM Radio) will not be available.
Let’s take a look at how MIUI rom can be installed on the International Galaxy S3.
This guide below is compatible only and only with the International Galaxy S3, model number i9300. It’s not compatible with any other variants of Galaxy S3, it only works for international variant. Check your device’s model in Settings» About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
How to Install RomAur MIUI ROM on International Galaxy S3.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
- Make sure you have ClockworkMod recovery installed on your phone.
- Download the latest version of the ROM from the source page.
- Copy the zip files downloaded in step 3 to the internal SD card (do not extract the files).
- Now boot into ClockworkMod recovery. To do that, turn off your phone. Then hold Volume up, Home and Power button together until the screen turns on, then release them. The phone will boot into Clockworkmod recovery into few seconds.
- Perform a Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this ROM. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore –> On the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Select the option to Wipe Data/Factory reset.
- Then select Wipe Cache Partition.
- Now select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the ROM file on the sdcard and select it. Confirm installation by selecting Yes on the next screen. The ROM will start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select go back and then select reboot system now to reboot your phone into MIUI.
NOTE: It takes a extra few minutes to boot-up after installing a new ROM, so be paitent and let it boot.
NOTE: If you want to go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery (as given in step 6), select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
MIUI ROM, based on Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich is now installed and running on your International Galaxy S3. Visit the source page for more info and to get the latest updates on the ROM. Share your thoughts on the ROM in the comments.