Android 4.0 AOKP ROM for Samsung Vibrant — ICS Euphoria RC1
Now this is why we love the modding and hacking community! The Samsung Vibrant seems to be getting a lot of custom Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.3 ROMs lately and nothing seems stopping them. ICS Euphoria RC1 is the latest ROM to join the ICS party on Vibrant, ported over by XDA developer neobuddy89 and based on the Nexus S’ Android Open Kang Project, which brings smooth performance and a plethora of customization options which ensure you can set your phone up the way you want it.
This is a release candidate of the ROM, which means most of the bugs and problems have been ironed out, but as is always the case, be careful as some bugs can always crop up.
Read on to find out how to flash ICS Euphoria RC1 ROM on your Samsung Vibrant.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know exactly what you are doing. If any damage occurs to you or your device, including a bricked, non-functional device, we won’t be held liable. You have been forewarned!!!
This ROM and the guide below is compatible only and only with the Samsung Vibrant, model number SGH-T959. It’s not compatible with any other device and may render an incompatible device unusable. Check your device model in Settings » About phone.
Developer → neobuddy89
- Zip aligning of all apps that YOU install on every boot.
- Auto database optimization
- Superior RAM management
- Super smooth
- Working GPS. Remember who brought GPS for ICS on Vibrant ?
- Mute/Unmute Fix (not confirmed)
- Latest Gapps and handy apps
- FB Sync
- External SD cannot be mounted to PC (works fine on the phone itself)
- Rooted Samsung Vibrant with Clockworkmod Recovery installed.
- Sufficiently charged battery, at least 50% is recommended.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
How to Install ICS Euphoria RC1 ROM
- Download the latest version of the ROM from the original development page.
- Transfer the downloaded zip file to the root of the internal SD card on your phone.
- Turn off your phone and wait for complete shutdown (wait for capacitive button lights to go off).
- Then, boot into Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery. To do so, press and hold these 3 buttons together: Volume Up, Volume Down, & the Power button till the screen turns on, then let go of the buttons. In recovery, use Volume keys to scroll up and down and power key to select an option.
- Perform a full Wipe (this will not wipe your SD cards)
- Wipe data / factory reset –> then Select Yes – Wipe data/Factory reset on the next screen.
- Select “mounts and storage“, then select “format system” -> select “Yes” on next screen to confirm. Then, select “go back” to go back to the main recovery menu.
- Now scroll to “Install zip from sdcard” and select it.
- Select “Choose zip from sdcard”. Scroll to the file you transferred in Step 2 and select it.
- Now confirm installation by selecting “Yes — Install **your_rom_file_name**.zip – The ROM will start installing.
- The phone will reboot to recovery in the middle of the installation, then continue installing the ROM.
NOTE: If your phone simply reboots into recovery but doesn’t continue installing the ROM, repeat steps 6, 7 and 8.
- After the installation is complete, select “go back” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot into the ROM.
Wait for a few minutes for the ROM to boot, then enjoy Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.3 with Euphoria ROM on your Samsung Vibrant. Share your thoughts and problems (if any) in the comments below and we’ll do our best to help you out.