Android 4.0.3 ICS for Epic 4G Touch — FD16 Leaked! Simple Flash via CWM to Update
The Epic 4G Touch seems to be seeing Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 firmware leaks almost like you would see a new episode for a TV show come out every week, though the leaks do skip a week or two. The latest Android 4.0 firmware to leak is FD16, and XDA modder agat63 has provided a pre-rooted package of the firmware that you can simply install through ClockworkMod recovery.
Read on to find out how you can update your Epic 4G Touch to the FD16 Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.3 firmware.
This firmware and the guide below are compatible only and only with Epic 4G Touch, model number SPH-D710. Check your device’s model number in Settings » About phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
- Important! An Epic 4G Touch with Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery installed.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
- Sufficiently charged battery, at least 50% is recommended.
How to Install FD16 on Epic 4G Touch
- Download the firmware package.
Download Link | Filename: FD16_Stock_Rooted_deodexed.zip
(Register on the download site for free to get better download speeds and download resume support)
- Transfer the downloaded zip file from step 1 to the internal SD card on the phone.
- Turn off the phone and boot into Clockworkmod recovery. In recovery, use volume buttons to navigate and the power button to select.
- Perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this ROM. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore –> On the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm. Wait a while till the data wipe is complete.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the FD16_Stock_Rooted_deodexed.zip file on the SD card and select it.
- Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install FD16_Stock_Rooted_deodexed.zip on the next screen. The FD16 firmware will start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select go back then select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
Your Epic 4G Touch will boot into Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.3 with the FD16 firmware. Share your thoughts on the firmware in the comments below.