[Guide] Update Galaxy Tab 10.1 to Android 3.2 with P7500 XWKK4 Firmware
A new firmware, P7500XWKK4, juts leaked out — it’s for Samsung Galaxy Tab (WiFi+3G versions) and brings the Android 3.2 update for tabs. It’s for only those Galaxy tabs whose model number is P7500, and not for P7510 or any other model number. So, before grabbing the download link or anything, make sure your Galaxy Tab’s model no. is P7500, under settings.
The XWKK4 Android 3.2 firmware needs to be flashed using Odin3 v1.85, and obviously, not from ClockWorkMod recovery.
Although the Android 3.2 from Samsung’s department , although in leaked form, is pretty good news to hear, even more great thing we came to know today is that Galaxy Tab 10.1 might get CyanogenMod 9 (CM9)with Ice Cream Sandwich, soon. Maybe in just a matter of days.
Check the guide below to upgrade your galaxy Tab 101.1 — that with P7500 model no. — to Android 3.2Warning: Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page. You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
- Make sure you’ve the drivers installed. If not, download the Kies from here, and install the Kies software which will install drivers.
- Download the XWKK4 firmware. Password: sampro.pl
- Extract it to get its content which be a .tar file and some other files.
- Download Odin3 v1.85. Then, extract it to get these two required files – Odin3 v1.85.exe and Odin3.ini. Do NOT delete the .ini file since it’s required too. When asked in step 6 below, open Odin by double clicking on the Odin3 v1.85.exe file.
- Disconnect your tablet if it’s connected to PC. Power it off. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet in Download Mode (also called Odin mode) — press and hold, until Samsung Galaxy logo appears — these keys together: Volume_DOWN+Power.
- Wait till you a screen with options to boot into recovery or download )odin) mode.
- Press Volume Up key to boot into download mode.
- Open Odin (from step 3) — Odin3 v1.85.exe. Admin privileges would be required!
- Connect your Galaxy tab 10.1 tablet to PC now. You should get the message “Added! !” under the Odin’s message box in the bottom left. And you should also see COM port with a number in Yellow. If you don’t get this message, than probably there is a problem with drivers. Make sure you’ve the drivers installed!
- Select these files in Odin at respective tabs:
- Click the PDA Tab, and select the big .tar file here with *code* appearing in its name
- Click the Phone Tab, and select file with *modem* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
- Click the CSC Tab, and select file with *csc* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
- Click the PIT Tab, and select the .pit file. Use only if you got it while extracting in step 3 above, otherwise ignore it.
- Important! Make sure these 2 checkboxes are selected: Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time. Also, make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected only if you are using a .pit file too (in step 11.4). If you didn’t get any .pit file and thus are not using any .pit file, leave the Re-Partition checkbox clear (blank). IF there is a confusion, let us know in comments below, we’ll be sure to help you out.
- Double check everything said in step 11 and 12 above.
- Now, hit the START button to begin the flashing process. When it finishes, your tablet will automatically reboot — and you can unplug the cable when Galaxy logo appears. Plus, you’ll get a PASS (with green background) message in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. If it’s red and with FAIL written over it, the process flashing process wasn’t successful. Try again, and take care to complete the whole process without any break whatsoever.
- When the tablet has rebooted, check the settings to confirm Android 3.2 OS version.
That’s it. Enjoy!
Root and install ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery on Galaxy Tab 10.1 on Android 3.2 (XWKK4 firmware)
Well, for those who wanna root it, a very neat guide on ‘how to root Galaxy Tab 10.1 (both P7500 and P7510)’ has been written by djR3Z. You can follow it from here. It’s got the download link and very clear instructions and everything you’ll need. Do all that said as has been said and your Android 3.2 running Galaxy tab 10.1 will be rooted and clockworkmod recovery installed too.