Android 2.3 Gingerbread OTA for myTouch 4G Launching from July 20
T-Mobile looks set to update its myTouch 4G android phone to Android 2.3 beginning July 20. But Tmo isn’t hurrying towards it — never a carrier has done it anyway, even if users wanted it. The carrier would not be distributing the update to masses right away and instead, would carry out a testing phase with a bunch of users — no details who can and who can’t join — and after the field tests are found positive, update-to-all button would be used to roll out the Gingerbread to all users of HTC myTouch 4G who have been drooling over it for so long.
While Andorid 2.3 is the chief reason you would want this update deadly, but there are other features too — new and those in the form of improvements — you would like to know about which this update would bring:
- New features:
- 2010 Exchange compatibility
- New version of Swype
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) OS
- Improved issues:
- Bluetooth® audio works better when answering a call from phone and Bluetooth is paired
- Display is more stable and responsive during boot up or use
- Domestic roaming data connection is more stable
- Message inbox saves
- Various software and stability improvements
What else you wished myTouch 4G users?