If you care to spend some money for your Android phone’s home screen and app drawer UI. Then today is the day!
The famous and one of the best launcher for android, the ADW Launcher, developed by AnderWeb, today launched as a paid version also, ADWLauncher EX.
The new ADWLauncher EX is priced at $3.43. And sports some never-seen-before features. It’s a huge list of features so I’m quoting it down from the developers description.
Highly Customizable Home replacement application
- 5 different app drawer styles/behaviors
- 3D Nexus One like application drawer
- 2 different plain vertical drawer styles, the “old one” and a new fast and smooth one
- 2 different Iphone-like horizontal application drawers, a traditional paginated one and a new one with continuous fling
- Different desktop transitions: new animations while navigating through your desktop screens. Try them all, they’re crazy!!!
- New Icons configurations/look and feel: Tweak your desktop icons, change its sizes, add coloured backgrounds, change font size, color, etc!
- New fast presets mode: Quickly change the whole desktop configuration by 1 click!
- Editable desktop icons for applications, shortcuts and folders!
- Lots of code improvements
- More, more more to come!!
The app has been updated to version 1.1. Below’s the change log:
- Added option to open the app drawer in full screen (hiding the dock/dockbar)
- Added options to tweak the “fancy icon backgrounds” (now you can select a custom color and enable/disable glossy effect)
- Fix the dock icons reverting sometimes on rotation
- Fixed import/export ADW settings for Samsung devices running android 2.2.1 update
- Lots of fixes for “ForceCloses” and other stability and code improvements.
I tested it on my Samsung Galaxy S, and it worked just awesome! Kudos to the developer, AnderWeb!
To download ADW Launcher EX scan the QR Code in the right with a Barcode Scanner App.
ADWLauncher EX Download Link for Mobile.