- 1.CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY INFO
- 3.CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
- 4.BEFORE YOU BEGIN..
- 5.GUIDE: ACER ICONIA TAB A500 CWM RECOVERY
CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY INFO
|Compatibility||Fully functional with Android 4.4.x and below|
Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page.
You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
To make sure your device is eligible with this, you must first confirm its model no. in ‘About device’ option under Settings. Another way to confirm model no. is by looking for it on the packaging box of your device. It must be A500!
This procedure here will work for all variants of Iconia Tab A500. Do not use the procedures discussed here on any device of Acer or any other company. You have been warned!
BEFORE YOU BEGIN..
You must do this pre-installation stuff before attempting to install CWM recovery on your tablet in order to avoid any complications later, and have a smooth and successful process.
UNLOCK BOOTLOADER OF ICONIA TAB FIRST!
In order to install CWM recovery on Iconia Tab, you need to unlock its bootloader first. If you have already done that, then skip this. Tip: As unlocking the bootloader will delete everything on your tablet — apps, files, etc. — be sure to create Backup of all things necessary before starting with bootloader unlock guide.
BACK UP YOUR DEVICE
Back up important data and stuff before you start playing around here as there are chances you might lose your apps and app-data (app settings, game progress, etc.), and in rare case, files on the internal memory, too.
For help on Backup and Restore, check out our exclusive page on that linked right below.
INSTALL ACER ICONIA TAB DRIVERS
You must have proper and working driver installed on your windows computer to be able to install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Acer Iconia Tab A500.
CHARGE YOUR DEVICE
If your android device powers off due to lack of battery while the process is underway, it could damage the device.
So, make sure your device is adequately charged — at least 50% battery of the device.
GUIDE: ACER ICONIA TAB A500 CWM RECOVERY
CLOCKWORK MOD RECOVERY FILE
- Prepare your tablet:
- Enable developer options: Go to your tablet’s Settings » select About tablet » Scroll to the bottom and tap on “Build number” seven times to enable developer options.
- Enable USB Debugging: Open tablet’s Settings » select Developer options » Tick the “USB debugging” checkbox (under Debugging section).
- Connect your tablet to PC with a USB cable and if a pop-up screen shows up on tablet asking you to Allow USB debugging for the computer, make sure you tick the checkbox and tap OK.
- Extract the installer file acer-iconia-a500-cwm.zip (using 7-zip, preferably). You’ll get the following files, and one folder:
- api (folder)
- Double-click/Run the 1-click-cwm-recovery-installer-SB.bat’ file and follow the simple on-screen instructions like ‘Press any key to continue..’ to install CWM recovery on your Iconia Tab.
- Once the CWM recovery is flashed successfully on your Iconia Tab A500, your device will reboot automatically into your newly flashed CWM Recovery.
└ Note: In case the script gets stuck on < waiting for device > (see image below) for more than a minute or so, then it means you don’t have proper drivers installed on your computer for your Iconia Tab.
NOTE: If the procedure doesn’t work for you, that is, it doesn’t install the CWM Recovery on your Iconia Tab:
- Make sure you have followed the instructions from Step 1 to Step 3.
- Execute: 1-click-cwm-recovery-installer-NO-SB.bat and it should now install ClockworkMod on your tablet, just fine.
That’s all! You have successfully flashed ClockworkMod Recovery on your Iconia Tab A500.
It was easy to install CWM recovery your Iconia Tab, right? Let us know and how you plan to use it further.
Your suggestions and queries, if any, are most welcomed.
Via XDA (nelsontky)